European Aeronautic Defence & Space Co (EADS) is a global aerospace, defence and related services corporation. Co.'s operations include the aircraft manufacturer Airbus, the helicopter supplier Eurocopter and the joint venture MBDA, an international supplier of missile systems. Co. is the major... More
Wednesday, Feb 269:07 AM
Wednesday, Feb 269:07 AM| Comment!
- Airbus' (EADSF) 2013 operating profit before one-off items climbed 21% to €3.6B ($4.9B), surpassing forecasts of €3.52B.
- Revenue +5% to €59.3B.
- Net profit +22% to €1.5B, which includes charges of €434M related to higher costs on the A350 wide-body jet and €292M for restructuring at the company's defense and space business.
- The plane-making unit received orders of 1,619 aircraft in 2013, outselling Boeing.
- Airbus plans to increase A320 output to 46 aircraft a month by Q2 2016 from 42 currently, due to increasing orders. Boeing aims to hit 47 a month for the rival 737 by 2017. (PR)
- Airbus forecasts flat revenues for 2014 and "moderate" growth in operating margin, which it expects to rise to 7-8% in 2015 from 6% in 2013. (PR)
Thursday, Nov 142013, 3:46 AM
Thursday, Nov 142013, 3:46 AM| Comment!
- EADS' (EADSF): Q3 EBIT (excludes goodwill impairment and other items) of €663M, beats by €1M.
- Revenues of €13.63B (+11% Y/Y).
- Full year Airbus deliveries now seen at 620, versus previous guidance of 600-610.
- FY13 outlook: EBIT before one-offs of €3.5B (unchanged); EPS of €2.50 (unchanged).
- FCF for the year is now seen negative at -€1.5B versus previous guidance of breakeven.
- Full release
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:29 AM
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:29 AM| Comment!
- EADS (EADSF.PK) will change its name to Airbus Group and combine its defense and space businesses into one division. "Now is the time to rebrand the entire group," CEO Tom Enders says.
- The company ups its FY13 commercial aircraft order target by 25% to 1K+.
- Q2 earnings before interest, taxes, and certain items rose 23% to €887M; net profit jumped 14% to €518M.
- Q2 revenue of €13.95B beats by €0.24B. (H1 presentation .pdf) (financial statements)
Tuesday, May 142013, 7:31 AMEADS (EADSF.PK) says Q1 net profit nearly doubled to €241M as deliveries by Airbus (144 versus 131 in Q1 2012, 410 net orders) drove 16% revenue growth in commercial aircraft sales. Management also says it is confident that the company's 787 Dreamliner competitor, the A350, will make its first flight this summer. For the full year, the company sees "moderate" revenue growth and an operating profit of €3.5B. (Previously: A350 painted and flyable) |Tuesday, May 142013, 7:31 AM| Comment!
- View all 3 replies
djamison:: I think both has a good chance !!
Dhierin Bechai:: Agree with both of you, although I think BA's planning is a bit better....