- The Alberta Oil Sands contain 170 billion barrels of oil, the 3rd largest reserves in the world. Production is currently 3 million barrels/day but expected to double by 2020.
- Production from Bakken shale has resulted in a 7 fold increase in oil production in North Dakota over the last 7 years.
- Enbridge Energy Partners transports 53% of Canadian oil to the U.S. It is undertaking a 4 year, $14.8 billion investment program to expand Bakken and Alberta transportation capabilities.
- Lack of increase in distributions in 2013 has left units 10% undervalued. As expansion products come online revenues are expected to surge by 26% over the next 3 years.
- Earnings are predicted to grow by 73% by 2016 and the distribution growth rate accelerate to 5.4%. This would result in Enbridge returning 14% over the next 5 years.