There are no Focus articles on EFNL.
There are no Transcripts on EFNL.
Mon, Oct. 13, 7:00 AM| Comment!
Thu, Aug. 14, 6:46 AM
- Euro-Zone GDP failed to grow in the second quarter following 12 months of weak growth, causing European equity markets to fall and increasing pressure on the ECB to do more to boost growth and inflation.
- Data released this morning by the European Union's statistics office translates into 0.2% growth in annualized terms, down from the first quarter's 0.8% pace.
- The euro zone's three largest economies, which account for two-thirds of the region's €9.6T ($12.8T) GDP, all did not post any growth. German GDP shrank 0.2% from the first quarter and Italy's output fell at a similar pace. The French economy, the bloc's second largest behind Germany, stagnated for a second straight quarter.
- The region's next largest economies, Spain and the Netherlands, posted some growth but not enough to offset their larger peers.
- ETFs: FXE, RSX, VGK, EUO, EWG, FEZ, GREK, EWP, EWI, DFE, RUSL, ERO, RSXJ, IEV, ERUS, RUSS, EWL, HEDJ, EU, EWU, EPV, EUFN, EZU, EWD, NORW, EWQ, EPOL, EIRL, PLND, RBL, EWO, DRR, GXF, FEU, EWN, GUR, EWK, EDEN, FDD, EWGS, FEP, ESR, UPV, EUFX, PGAL, ULE, IFEU, DBGR, ENOR, ADRU, EWUS, EUDG, DXGE, FEEU, GERJ, URR, FGM, EFNL, EURL, FKU, FSZ, DXPS, RUDR, EURZ, DBEU, QDEU, IEUR, FIEU, EUMV, HEWG, SMEZ, QESP, DBUK, QGBR
Thu, Jun. 5, 7:55 AM
- The Stoxx 50 (FEZ) is up 0.8% after being about flat ahead of the ECB rate decision, at which the central bank cut all three of its benchmark rates, including taking the deposit facility rate into negative territory.
- Italy (EWI) with a 1.3% gain and France (EWQ) ahead 1% lead the way.
- The euro (FXE) tumbles about 40 pips, now off 0.3% on the session and buying $1.3563.
- Europe equity ETFs: RSX, VGK, EWG, FEZ, GREK, EWP, EWI, DFE, RUSL, IEV, RSXJ, EWL, ERUS, EWU, RUSS, EPV, EZU, EWD, HEDJ, NORW, EWQ, EPOL, EIRL, PLND, EWO, RBL, GXF, EWN, FEU, EWK, FDD, EWGS, FEP, EDEN, UPV, EWUS, DBGR, PGAL, ADRU, ENOR, GERJ, DXGE, FEEU, FGM, EURL, FKU, EFNL, EUDG, DXPS, FSZ, EURZ, FIEU, RUDR, DBEU, HEWG, DBUK
- Euro ETFs: FXE, EUO, ERO, DRR, EUFX, ULE, URR
- ECB chief Mario Draghi's press conference begins at 8:30 ET.
Sun, Apr. 6, 1:31 AM
- Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen will step down in June after three years in the job, saying he's interested in an international position such as on the European Commission.
- Katainen leaves amid a stagnant economy and after the government agreed to €6.6B of measures to slash the deficit.
- His center-right National Coalition party will choose a new leader at its congress in June. Possible contenders include Economy Minister Jan Vapaavuori.
- ETFs: EFNL
Dec. 9, 2013, 3:02 PM
- Previously beaten down values and tech describe this year's list of best-performing single country ETFs. Numbers 5&6 are the iShares MSCI Finland Capped ETF (EFNL) and the iShares MSCI Denmark Capped ETF (EDEN), each up about 35%.
- Keeping with the beaten down theme are numbers 4&2 - both Japan funds hedged against shifts in the value of the yen, WisdomTree's DXJ and Deutsche's DBJP, up 38% and 44% respectively. Number 3 comes from another left-for-dead market, the iShares MSCI Ireland Capped ETF (EIRL).
- Leading the list is PowerShares' Golden Dragon China ETF (PGJ), which holds China N-Shares - U.S.-listed Chinese firms, i.e, tech, i.e., Internet. It's up 58% YTD.
Sep. 3, 2013, 3:30 PM
Apr. 20, 2012, 11:42 AMNokia's (NOK) fall from grace hasn't been easy for Finland: by year's end, the country will have seen its pride and joy shed 40% of its local staff over a 6-year period. In addition, Finnish households own about 10% of Nokia shares, which have fallen 90% from their '07 highs. The country hopes the local gaming industry, headlined by Angry Birds maker Rovio, can offset Nokia's decline. | 1 Comment
EFNL vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares MSCI Finland Capped Investable Market Index Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the MSCI Finland IMI 25/50 Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR