- If 2014 is a transition year, what does 2015 look like given raised Midland Basin reserve estimates and Energen's Midland push?
- Ditching the gas utility makes a new pure-play identity for Energen, a positive catalyst for future growth.
- Compared to other E&Ps, especially smaller firms, Energen has diversified energy assets that hedge for both oil and liquids plus gas opportunities.
- Value-added assets like the Central Platform and San Juan Basins offer other avenues for growth.
- After the sale announcement, target price expectations have been raised for Energen.