- NIC is the largest e-Government service provider in the U.S., having served 30 states, local governments, the U.S. Department of Transportation and Federal Election Board.
- NIC operates with two business units: one providing portal services, the other providing e-government software and service.
- NIC enables state and local governments to establish internet presence at no cost, collecting revenues from user fees shared with the government entity.
- Over the past ten years, NIC has averaged approximately 18% revenue growth YOY.
- Over the course of 2014, 15 state contracts are scheduled to expire, although four do have renewal options.