Fri, Jan. 9, 11:04 AM
- Another tough day for luxury retail stocks as more concerns on pricing trends build up.
- Consulting firm Bain isn't helping sentiment, noting the luxury sector in China showed negative growth (-1%) for the first time in 2014. An ongoing crackdown by Beijing on corruption is in the background.
- Michael Kors (KORS -1.7%), Ralph Lauren (RL -2%), Kate Spade (KATE -3.2%), Fossil (FOSL -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2%), and Coach (COH -2.2%) are all under-performing market averages.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:SWGAY, OTCPK:BURBY, EL, RDEN, OTCPK:HESAF, OTCPK:CFRUY, TIF.
- Related ETFs: PEJ.
Nov. 4, 2014, 8:15 AM
Nov. 4, 2014, 7:41 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AER, AFSI, AKS, ALLT, ARCC, ARCO, ARRY, ATRO, AYR, BABA, BDX, BKW, BLMN, CCG, CIE, CLDT, CONE, CVS, DISCA, DISH, DWRE, DX, EL, EMR, ENBL, EOG, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GDP, GLT, HCLP, HCN, HCP, HEP, HMSY, HPT, HSNI, HW, ICE, IFF, IMN, IP, IPXL, IRC, IRWD, KORS, LINC, LINE, LNCE, MFA, MSI, MWW, NCT, NGLS, NNN, NTI, NWN, ODP, OZM, PCLN, PPL, RBA, REGN, RESI, RGS, RHP, RIGL, RRGB, SC, SGNT, SRE, TESO, TGH, TICC, TIME, TLM, TRP, VLO, VMC, VSI, WLK, WNR, WRES, ZBRA, ZTS
Aug. 15, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) reports consistent growth across product segments and geographic regions in FQ4.
- Segment revenue growth: Skin Care +7% to $4.77B; Makeup +9% to $4.21B; Fragrance +9% to $1.43B; Hair Care +5% to $515.6M.
- Gross margin +20 bps to 80.4%.
- Operating margin +170 bps.
- The company expects full-year sales growth of 6% to 7%.
- EL +1.5% premarket
Aug. 15, 2014, 7:36 AM
Aug. 15, 2014, 7:33 AM
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 2, 2014, 7:54 AM
- A strong quarter by Estee Lauder (EL) is impressing retail analysts after peers failed to match its broad sales gains across regions and categories.
- The company even managed to grow sales by 5% in the U.S. where many consumer product sellers cried about the impact of the snow and ice.
- Rahul Sharma notes the Estee Lauder's FY14 EPS guide of $2.86-$2.90 vs. $2.87 consensus is tempered as usual.
- EL +2.5% premarket
May 2, 2014, 7:46 AM| Comment!
May 2, 2014, 7:40 AM
May 2, 2014, 7:11 AM| Comment!
May 1, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 24, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Estee Lauder (EL) has gone almost three years without an acquisition to mark its longest stretch in 19 years, notes Bloomberg.
- The company looks ripe to be in deal-making mood with its cash balance at a record high.
- Analysts think a strong play into the men's skin-care category could be part of Estee Lauder's strategy.
Feb. 5, 2014, 2:46 PM| Comment!
Feb. 5, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Estee Lauder (EL) saw revenue gains in the Americas and Europe/Middle East/Africa help to offset a 6% dip in Asia during FQ2. Overall, the growth in the quarter looked stronger than what peers reported.
- Revenue in all product segments rose except for Skin Care which fell back 1%.
- The company reaffirms annual guidance at $2.80-$2.87, but guides its estimates for FQ3 to below consensus.
EL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR