Mon, Mar. 23, 10:36 AM
- Personal care stocks are in favor in early action.
- The sector has been one of the hardest hit this year from the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
- Beauty product companies on the move today include Nu Skin (NUS +5.1%), Coty (COTY +3.3%), Avon Products (AVP +2.8%), Revlon (REV +1.4%), Estee Lauder (EL +0.3%), and Elizabeth Arden (RDEN +2.6%).
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:03 PM
- Select luxury stocks are out-performing market averages.
- A couple of analyst upgrades this week and some volume gains for global sellers against F/X headwinds have helped to lift sentiment.
- Gainers: Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +2.2%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +1.1%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +1.5%, Tumi Holdings (NYSE:TUMI) +1.8%, Avond Products (NYSE:AVP) +3.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.1%,
Thu, Feb. 5, 10:36 AM
- The beauty sector is having a solid day after Coty and Estee Lauder both top profit estimates.
- Solid holiday sales helped take some of the sting off of a tough foreign currency translation environment.
- The color cosmetics category out-performed during the period.
- Gainers: Coty (NYSE:COTY) +8.3%, Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) +3.5%, Inter Parfums (NASDAQ:IPAR) +1.0%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +6.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.2%, Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +1.0%.
Thu, Feb. 5, 8:14 AM
- Shares of Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) trade lower after the company issues weak profit guidance.
- The outlook for 2015 EPS is $2.72-$2.80 vs. $2.83 consensus.
- Foreign currency translation is expected to impact sales by 4% this year.
- Previously: Estée Lauder beats by $0.08, beats on revenue
- EL -3.5% premarket.
Fri, Jan. 9, 11:04 AM
- Another tough day for luxury retail stocks as more concerns on pricing trends build up.
- Consulting firm Bain isn't helping sentiment, noting the luxury sector in China showed negative growth (-1%) for the first time in 2014. An ongoing crackdown by Beijing on corruption is in the background.
- Michael Kors (KORS -1.7%), Ralph Lauren (RL -2%), Kate Spade (KATE -3.2%), Fossil (FOSL -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2%), and Coach (COH -2.2%) are all under-performing market averages.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:SWGAY, OTCPK:BURBY, EL, RDEN, OTCPK:HESAF, OTCPK:CFRUY, TIF.
- Related ETFs: PEJ.
May. 2, 2014, 7:54 AM
- A strong quarter by Estee Lauder (EL) is impressing retail analysts after peers failed to match its broad sales gains across regions and categories.
- The company even managed to grow sales by 5% in the U.S. where many consumer product sellers cried about the impact of the snow and ice.
- Rahul Sharma notes the Estee Lauder's FY14 EPS guide of $2.86-$2.90 vs. $2.87 consensus is tempered as usual.
- EL +2.5% premarket
May. 2, 2014, 7:46 AM| Comment!
Feb. 5, 2014, 2:46 PM| Comment!
Jan. 17, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Shares of Elizabeth Arden (RDEN) extend their AH loss, now down 22.6% premarket, kicked up after the company issued a harsh warning on sales and profits.
- Sales in North America fell abruptly over the course of the second half of the year, while in global markets, Elizabeth Arden only saw a minor dip.
- Peer watch: Revlon (REV) -1.6%, Avon Products (AVP) -2.4%, Estee Lauder (EL) -1.1%.
Sep. 9, 2013, 12:29 PM
Aug. 15, 2013, 12:05 PM| Comment!
Aug. 15, 2013, 7:42 AM| Comment!
May. 2, 2013, 9:20 AM
Nov. 1, 2012, 7:40 AM
Aug. 14, 2012, 9:10 AM
May. 4, 2012, 8:07 AM
EL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR