Tue, Aug. 4, 7:46 AM
Mon, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, ALR, AME, ANIP, ARCC, BLMN, BPI, BZH, CAS, CBT, CHD, CHTR, CIE, COH, CRCM, CRTO, CVS, DWRE, EIGI, ELOS, EMR, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FRM, FUN, GEO, GLDD, GLT, H, HAR, HCN, HCP, HEP, HNT, HW, HYH, IIVI, INCY, K, KLIC, LPX, LRN, LXP, MDC, MGM, MLM, MNK, MNTA, MOS, MPW, NAO, NCLH, NGLS, NRG, [[NTi]], NWN, NYLD, ODP, OZM, PH, REGN, RHP, RRD, SABR, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNI, SRE, STE, STWD, TDG, TGH, TICC, TIME, UNT, USAK, VMC, VSH, VTG, WLK, WNR, WPC, WRES, ZTS
Tue, May 5, 7:58 AM
- Adjusted earnings fell 16% to $0.65 per share vs. $0.77 in the comparable quarter a year ago.
- Revenue by segment: Process Management -3%; Industrial Automation -16%; Network Power -9%; Climate Technologies -6%; Commercial & Residential Solutions +1%.
- Share repurchases accelerated to $869M during the quarter.
- "Emerson faced significant challenges and market headwinds in the second quarter as economic conditions affected demand across our businesses," said CEO David Farr. As a result of the rapid weakening of both orders and sales in Q2, we will further accelerate restructuring.
- The company now expects net sales to decline -7% to -5% in full-year 2015, and anticipates reported earnings per share of $4.17-$4.32 vs. a previous range of $4.50-$4.60.
- FQ2 results
- EMR -1.7% premarket
Tue, May 5, 7:26 AM
Mon, May 4, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:06 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 13, 10:58 AM
Nov. 4, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Net earnings attributable to common shareholders of 410M vs. $795M in the comparable quarter a year ago. Excluding charges, earnings rose to $1.30 per share from $1.18 per share last year.
- Revenue by segment: Process Management +8%; Industrial Automation +5%; Network Power -20%; Climate Technologies +7%; Commercial & Residential Solutions +5%.
- Cash returned to shareholders through dividends and share repurchase exceeded 60% for the fourth consecutive year.
- Year-end backlog of $6.7B.
- The company expects underlying sales to grow between 4-5% next year, better than in 2014. Due to unfavorable currency translation and the potential power transmission divestiture deducting 2% each, reported sales are expected to change 0-1%. Profitability is expected to continue to improve modestly.
- FQ4 results
Nov. 4, 2014, 7:11 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AER, AFSI, AKS, ALLT, ARCC, ARCO, ARRY, ATRO, AYR, BABA, BDX, BKW, BLMN, CCG, CIE, CLDT, CONE, CVS, DISCA, DISH, DWRE, DX, EL, EMR, ENBL, EOG, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GDP, GLT, HCLP, HCN, HCP, HEP, HMSY, HPT, HSNI, HW, ICE, IFF, IMN, IP, IPXL, IRC, IRWD, KORS, LINC, LINE, LNCE, MFA, MSI, MWW, NCT, NGLS, NNN, NTI, NWN, ODP, OZM, PCLN, PPL, RBA, REGN, RESI, RGS, RHP, RIGL, RRGB, SC, SGNT, SRE, TESO, TGH, TICC, TIME, TLM, TRP, VLO, VMC, VSI, WLK, WNR, WRES, ZBRA, ZTS
Aug. 5, 2014, 8:36 AM
- Net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $728M ($1.03 per share) vs. $194M ($0.27 per share) in the second quarter of 2013.
- Net sales declined 1% to $6.3B.
- Due to the slower economic environment this year, the company expects to report on the lower end of its 2014 guidance of 3-5% percent underlying sales growth, +/-1% net sales change, and earnings per share of $3.68 to $3.80.
- Q2 results
- EMR -2% premarket
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:23 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
May 6, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Emerson Electric (EMR) +2.7% premarket even as Q1 earnings and revenues each fell 2.5% Y/Y to finish below expectations.
- Q1 network power sales fell 21% Y/Y, due to a recent divestiture, process management sales rose 4.4%, industrial automation revenue increased 1.6%, and climate technologies sales grew 5.4%.
- Reaffirms guidance for FY 2014, seeing EPS of $3.68-$3.80 vs. $3.77 analyst consensus estimate, with underlying sales growth of 3%-5% and net sales of -1%-1%.
- Says robust orders growth in Q1 reflects continued improvement in the global macroeconomic environment, although uncertainty persists in some markets, especially the U.S. after anemic Q1 GDP growth.
May 6, 2014, 7:09 AM
EMR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR