Tue, Feb. 3, 8:10 AM
- Net earnings attributable to common shareholders of 525M vs. $462M in the comparable quarter a year ago. Excluding charges, earnings rose to $0.75 per share from $0.65 per share last year.
- Gross profit margin expanded 90 bps to 40.8%.
- Revenue by segment: Process Management +3%; Industrial Automation flat; Network Power -14%; Climate Technologies +15%; Commercial & Residential Solutions +3%.
- The company expects a reported sales decline of 1%-4% in full-year 2015, and anticipates reported earnings per share of $4.50-$4.60.
- FQ1 results
- EMR 0.9% premarket
Nov. 4, 2014, 2:40 PM
- Higher for most of the session following an earnings beat, Emerson Electric (EMR -0.3%) slides into the red as management - speaking on the earnings call (live right now on Seeking Alpha) says if oil stays at these levels (below $80 per barrel) for another 30-60 days, it will negatively impact results in a material way.
- Previously: Emerson Electric beats by $0.07, revenue in-line
- Previously: Energy sector slammed alongside crude oil
Oct. 16, 2014, 3:17 PM
- Timken (TKR -0.2%), Regal Beloit (RBC +0.9%) and Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC +0.6%) have made it to the second round of bidding in the auction for Emerson Electric's (EMR +2%) power transmission solutions business, Reuters reports.
- P-E firms Warburg Pincus and Onex also are said to be in the running for the unit, which is expected to fetch $1.2B-$1.6B in a sale.
Aug. 6, 2014, 12:19 PM
- General Electric (GE +1.8%) is upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $33 price target, up from $29, at Bernstein,which offers five reasons for favoring the stock.
- The firm sees growing evidence of portfolio and cultural transformation at GE resulting in accelerating cost reduction and the most Industrial focused mix in almost 25 years, as well as coming catalysts in the GE calendar through 2015 as backlog converts into the back half.
- Trading at 15.1x the next 12 months of earnings for its industrial business, GE is cheaper than most other industrials, including Danaher (NYSE:DHR) at 21.7x, 3M (NYSE:MMM) at 17.8x, and Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) at 16x, the firm says.
May. 6, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Emerson Electric (EMR) +2.7% premarket even as Q1 earnings and revenues each fell 2.5% Y/Y to finish below expectations.
- Q1 network power sales fell 21% Y/Y, due to a recent divestiture, process management sales rose 4.4%, industrial automation revenue increased 1.6%, and climate technologies sales grew 5.4%.
- Reaffirms guidance for FY 2014, seeing EPS of $3.68-$3.80 vs. $3.77 analyst consensus estimate, with underlying sales growth of 3%-5% and net sales of -1%-1%.
- Says robust orders growth in Q1 reflects continued improvement in the global macroeconomic environment, although uncertainty persists in some markets, especially the U.S. after anemic Q1 GDP growth.
Jul. 22, 2013, 8:26 AMTrailing orders (8-K) at Emerson Electric (EMR) turn positive - gaining 0-5% in June after declines since February. Leading are Process Management orders up 10-15%. "Order trends are improving ... but global business confidence remains low with cautious levels of investment." Shares +2% premarket. | Comment!
Jun. 11, 2013, 11:41 AMEmerson (EMR -1.2%) subsidiary Emerson Process Management says it's been awarded contracts by Chevron Australia to provide control valves and valve actuators to enable the efficient and safe flow of natural gas at the Gorgon Project, one of the world's largest natural gas projects. The contracts, valued at $67M, include more than 1,000 control valves, actuators, and valve controllers, and place EMR as the majority supplier of control and shutdown valves for the project. | Comment!
May. 7, 2013, 2:58 PMEmerson Electric (EMR -1.6%) dips after its FQ2 misses on all counts this morning. Net earnings rose 2.9% Y/Y as overall revenue was boosted by stronger process-management and climate-technology sales, but the company said in its call that orders in April continued to trend downward for a third month, reflecting ongoing deterioration in business confidence. Based on that view, the company lowered its FY13 outlook, now expecting $3.48 to $3.58 per share in earnings and sales growth of 1.5% to 2.5%. | Comment!
Oct. 19, 2012, 5:18 PMEmerson Radio (MSN) says Wal-Mart (WMT) has informed the company it will no longer sell two microwave products which accounted for approximately 48% of EMR's net revenues during FY12. Emerson will continue shipping these products throughout the remainder of FY13, with sales declining in 4Q13. Emerson anticipates that the full impact of Wal-Mart’s decision will be realized by the company in FY14. Shares -6% AH. | 4 Comments
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:45 PMEmerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (EMR -1.3%) announces a strategic alliance with regional distributor Mindware in the Middle East and North Africa. Mindware will deliver critical infrastructure products and solutions from Emerson Network Power to small and medium businesses in the region. | Comment!
Aug. 6, 2012, 1:19 PM
May. 1, 2012, 9:10 AMPremarket gainers: PLXT +65%. PFCB +30%. NUVA +18%. CAR +14%. CETV +15%. VECO +13%. HUN +10%. YGE +8%. LYG +7%. SHLD +7%. CAKE +6%. TSL +6%. HTZ +6%. WFR +4%. ANF +4%. STP +4%. AKAM +4%. ARNA +4%. FSLR +3%. JASO +3%. CLWR +3%. PWER +3%.
Losers: COP -22%. PBY -21%. IDTI -12%. VPHM -11%. NG -7%. DPZ -7%. WMS -6%. EMR -5%. XRAY -4%. NMR -4%. NZGA -3%. URI -3%. AVP -3%. ACI -3%. | Comment!
May. 1, 2012, 8:54 AMMore on Emerson's (EMR) FQ2: Net profit -2% to $545M, hurt by weakness in Europe, China and Brazil. Revenue falls at 3 of 5 divisions, although process management, which operates in the energy industry, increases sales. Emerson cuts FY EPS outlook from from $3.45-$3.60 to $3.35-$3.50; consensus is at the top of that range. Shares -4.8%. | Comment!
Feb. 14, 2012, 9:40 AM
Dec. 21, 2011, 11:59 AM
Dec. 21, 2011, 9:04 AM"Most important press release today department," tweets Jeff Matthews, "Emerson (EMR) reports 'trailing 3 month order trends ... flattened." It's not just about flooding in Thailand, as the company notes slowing in network power orders across all economic regions "will put heavy pressure on Q1 results." Shares -2.5% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
EMR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR