Nov. 6, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Adjusted net income of $51.7M, or $1.06 per diluted share vs. $43M, or $0.87 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Revenue by segment: Americas +15.8%; EMEA +4.5%; Asia +9.7%.
- The company expects FQ3 adjusted net earnings per diluted share in the range of $1.04-$1.08, which excludes an expected net charge of $0.10 per diluted share from ongoing restructuring programs and acquisition expenses.
- FQ2 results
- ENS +0.4% premarket
Mar. 4, 2014, 2:37 PM
- The biggest beneficiaries from news of Tesla's expansion in Europe and big move in batteries via its Gigafactory plans are fuel cell makers like Plug Power (PLUG +11.6%), Ballard Power (BLDP +18.6%) and FuelCell Systems (FCEL +20.1%); shares of each are surging past 52-week highs (again).
- Fuel cell makers also have been on a tear since PLUG announced last week a deal with six Wal-Mart distribution centers, and investors are betting that PLUG's success will lead to similar performance from its peers.
- Also: ZBB +49.9%, ABAT +9.8%, ENS +3.4%, ULBI +2.8%.
May 30, 2012, 8:36 AMAlong with reporting FQ4 results, EnerSys (ENS) affirmed its earnings forecast for FQ1 of FY 2013. The provider of stored energy systems for industrial applications said it expects a profit of $0.88-$0.92/share, as "orders in fiscal 2013 have been trending positively, and we expect continued strong operating results." ENS +3.4% premarket. | Comment!
Feb. 8, 2012, 5:46 PM
Nov. 10, 2011, 9:58 AM
Aug. 10, 2011, 5:28 PMEnerSys (ENS): FQ1 EPS of $0.68 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $569M (+31% Y/Y) beats by $19M. Expects FQ2 EPS at $0.53-$0.57 (excl. $0.04 restructuring program and acquisition expenses) decline q/q due to higher commodity cost and operating cost of new Chongqing facility, and the residual effects from a three-week strike at European plants. Shares -11.1% AH. (PR) | Comment!
ENS vs. ETF Alternatives
EnerSys manufactures, markets and distributes industrial batteries and related products such as chargers, power equipment and battery accessories. It also provides after-market and customer-support services for industrial batteries.
Other News & PR