Oct. 15, 2014, 6:37 PM
- Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) says Q3 earnings rose 15% Y/Y thanks to strong demand at Kinder Morgan Partners (NYSE:KMP), partly offset by a decline at El Paso Pipeline Partners (NYSE:EPB).
- KMP also reports an increase in distributable cash flow per unit, rising 10% Y/Y to $607M.
- CEO Richard Kinder says the company had identified a combined $17.9B in expansion and joint venture investments, up from $17B at the end of Q2 and $14.4B a year ago; the growth included an increase in KMP's backlog to $16.3B from $15.4B.
- Says earnings at its natural gas pipeline business rose 9%, amid strong results at its Tennessee Gas Pipeline, amid continuing growth in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays; overall natural gas transport volumes improved 10%, while gathering volumes added ~6%.
- Kinder Morgan plans to put all its publicly traded units under one roof by the end of the year, which will end its MLP structure.
- KMI +0.7% AH.
Oct. 15, 2014, 4:08 PM| Comment!
Oct. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 16, 2014, 6:27 PM
- Kinder Morgan Partners (NYSE:KMP) -1.8% AH after Q2 profit fell from a year ago when results were boosted by a large gain related to an acquisition, but distributable cash flow rose 11% to $561M, or $1.23/unit vs. $1.22 a year ago.
- Earnings at KMP's natural gas pipeline business rose 13% Y/Y, including increases from Tennessee Gas Pipeline expansion projects and the 2013 Copano acquisition.
- Kinder Morgan Inc. (NYSE:KMI) -0.3% AH after reporting flat Q2 earnings as shares outstanding declined by 1% and revenue increased 16% to $3.94B; KMI will pay a $0.43/share cash dividend, up from $0.40 in the year-ago period.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners' (NYSE:EPB) Q2 earnings fell to $0.32/unit from $0.40 while revenue dropped 1.7% to $353M.
- KMI CEO Richard Kinder says the company has identified a combined $17B in expansion and JV investments, up from $16.4B reported in April, taking into account ~$700M in projects placed into service in Q2, which means Kinder has added ~$1.3B to its backlog.
Jul. 16, 2014, 4:12 PM| 1 Comment
Jul. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 16, 2014, 7:11 PM
- Kinder Morgan's (KMI) Q1 earnings fell 1.7% and missed estimates, while Q1 earnings at its Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP) affiliate slipped 5% and El Paso Partners (EPB) also posted a Y/Y decline.
- KMP, which holds the majority of KMI's assets, had reported strong profit growth in recent quarters; KMP's earnings more than doubled in 2013, while KMI enjoyed a sixfold increase in net income last year.
- But "we had a very good quarter," Chairman/CEO Richard Kinder said in the earnings call, as the company highlighted the success of its natural gas pipelines segment, which saw earnings grow more than 40% to $564M.
- Kinder said analysts’ projections that U.S. demand for natural gas could rise by a third by 2024 as “a little understated," touting demand for gas for LNG exports, electric generation, industrial use and shipment to Mexico as factors that bode well for the company’s future.
Apr. 16, 2014, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Apr. 16, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 15, 2014, 5:47 PM
- Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP) +1.5% AH and Kinder Morgan Inc. (KMI) -0.8% after the Kinder companies reported Q4 earnings (I, II).
- KMP's Q4 profit jumped 26%, driven by a 40% gain in earnings from its natural gas pipeline business which the company credits to efficiency and added infrastructure as a result of the acquisitions of El Paso Corp. and Copano Energy.
- KMP says it will increase its payouts to shareholders, distributing $1.36/unit to owners of record as of Jan. 31; its 2013 distribution to unitholders of $5.33 was up 7% Y/Y.
- KMI's Q4 profit surged 54%, driven by growth at its KMP affiliate that offset weaker earnings at El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB).
Jan. 15, 2014, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Jan. 15, 2014, 12:10 AM
Jan. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 16, 2013, 5:22 PM
- Kinder Morgan's (KMI) Q3 earnings rose 43% driven by continued strong growth at its Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP) affiliate, while El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB) posted a 6.6% earnings decline.
- KMP, which holds the majority of KMI assets, reported its profit soared 70% on sharply higher earnings at its natural gas pipelines segment; excluding gains from asset sales, prior-year fair value impacts and other items, adjusted earnings fell to $0.51 from $0.57 while revenues rose 31% to $3.28B.
- KMP's quarterly distribution rose to $1.35/unit, above consensus for $1.34/unit, as distributable cash flow rose 22% Y/Y to $544M; its full-year distribution outlook remains unchanged at $5.33.
- KMP +0.7% AH.
Oct. 16, 2013, 4:11 PM| Comment!
Other News & PR