Thu, Sep. 17, 4:49 AM
- Link (.pdf)
- ETFs: FXE, RSX, VGK, EUO, EWG, GREK, FEZ, HEDJ, RUSL, EWP, RUSS, EWI, ERO, DFE, IEV, ERUS, RSXJ, EWU, EU, EWL, EPV, EZU, SWZ, NORW, GF, EWD, EWQ, RBL, EPOL, DRR, PLND, DAX, EIRL, EWO, CEE, TRF, IRL, FEU, DXGE, HEWG, DBGR, GXF, EWN, GUR, EWK, EEA, EUFX, EURL, EWGS, FDD, ULE, PGAL, ESR, FEP, UPV, EDEN, DBEU
Fri, Jan. 30, 5:41 AM
- Heightening the risk of a slide toward deflation, Eurostat today reported the largest decline in consumer prices in the eurozone since July 2009.
- Consumer prices were 0.6% lower than in January 2014, having fallen 0.2% on an annual basis in December.
- The plunge in consumer prices is unlikely to have an immediate effect on the ECB's €60B/month QE package, although the longer prices stay in negative territory, the more pressure the central bank will have to extend the program.
- FTSE 100 -0.6%; DAX -0.5%; CAC 40 -0.7%; Euro Stoxx 50 -0.5%.
- ETFs: EWG, GREK, EWI, EWL, EWD, EWQ, EPOL, PLND, EWO, EWN, EWK, EDEN, PGAL, DBGR, DAX, DXGE, EFNL, FGM, FSZ, QDEU, HEWG
Dec. 31, 2014, 11:34 AM
- Nearly all the ETFs involved are single-country funds, with 22 seeing reduced fees, and 19 increases. First up is the list of funds seeing cuts and the number of basis points:
- EWA 3 basis points, EWO 3 bps, EWC 3 bps, EWQ 3 bps, EWG 3 bps, EWH 3 bps, EWM 3 bps, EWS 3 bps, EWP 3 bps, EWD 3 bps, EWL 3 bps, ENZL 3 bps, EWU 3 bps, EWK 2 bps, EZU 2 bps, EWI 2 bps, EWJ 2 bps, SCJ 2 bps, EWW 2 bps, EWN 2 bps, EIRL 2 bps.
- Next are the funds with increases; all are by one basis point: EWZ, BKF, ECH, EEM, EIS, EZA, EWY, EWT, THD, TUR, ERUS, EPU, EWZS, MCHI, ECNS, INDA, EIDO, EPHE, EPOL.
- Previously: Vanguard lowers fees on 12 ETFs
Sep. 22, 2014, 8:17 AM
- After swearing in Poland's new Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz, President Bronislaw Komorowski announced that the new government should prepare the country for a debate over euro adoption.
- "Among the great tasks (for the government) is preparing Poland for the unavoidable big debate about strengthening our position in integrating Europe, I mean the decision on eurozone membership," says Komorowski.
- Poland's official stance is that it will join the eurozone eventually, but it has still not yet set a target date.
- ETFs: EPOL, PLND
Aug. 14, 2014, 6:46 AM
- Euro-Zone GDP failed to grow in the second quarter following 12 months of weak growth, causing European equity markets to fall and increasing pressure on the ECB to do more to boost growth and inflation.
- Data released this morning by the European Union's statistics office translates into 0.2% growth in annualized terms, down from the first quarter's 0.8% pace.
- The euro zone's three largest economies, which account for two-thirds of the region's €9.6T ($12.8T) GDP, all did not post any growth. German GDP shrank 0.2% from the first quarter and Italy's output fell at a similar pace. The French economy, the bloc's second largest behind Germany, stagnated for a second straight quarter.
- The region's next largest economies, Spain and the Netherlands, posted some growth but not enough to offset their larger peers.
- ETFs: FXE, RSX, VGK, EUO, EWG, FEZ, GREK, EWP, EWI, DFE, RUSL, ERO, RSXJ, IEV, ERUS, RUSS, EWL, HEDJ, EU, EWU, EPV, EUFN, EZU, EWD, NORW, EWQ, EPOL, EIRL, PLND, RBL, EWO, DRR, GXF, FEU, EWN, GUR, EWK, EDEN, FDD, EWGS, FEP, ESR, UPV, EUFX, PGAL, ULE, IFEU, DBGR, ENOR, ADRU, EWUS, EUDG, DXGE, FEEU, GERJ, URR, FGM, EFNL, EURL, FKU, FSZ, DXPS, RUDR, EURZ, DBEU, QDEU, IEUR, FIEU, EUMV, HEWG, SMEZ, QESP, DBUK, QGBR
Jun. 5, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Europe's Stoxx 50 gained nearly 1% in wake of today's ECB rate cut and move towards QE, but the periphery outperformed, with the strongest market being the one furthest out - Athens +2.8%.
- The Global X FTSE Greece 20 ETF (GREK +3.4%) is now up 40% Y/Y.
- National Bank of Greece (NBG +6.5%) also enjoyed an upgrade to Buy from Deutsche Bank.
- Emerging European markets: Turkey (TUR +3.5%) and Poland (EPOL +1.6%).
- ETFs: GUR, ESR
- Previously: Negative rates not the end of moves for the ECB
Jun. 5, 2014, 7:55 AM
- The Stoxx 50 (FEZ) is up 0.8% after being about flat ahead of the ECB rate decision, at which the central bank cut all three of its benchmark rates, including taking the deposit facility rate into negative territory.
- Italy (EWI) with a 1.3% gain and France (EWQ) ahead 1% lead the way.
- The euro (FXE) tumbles about 40 pips, now off 0.3% on the session and buying $1.3563.
- Europe equity ETFs: RSX, VGK, EWG, FEZ, GREK, EWP, EWI, DFE, RUSL, IEV, RSXJ, EWL, ERUS, EWU, RUSS, EPV, EZU, EWD, HEDJ, NORW, EWQ, EPOL, EIRL, PLND, EWO, RBL, GXF, EWN, FEU, EWK, FDD, EWGS, FEP, EDEN, UPV, EWUS, DBGR, PGAL, ADRU, ENOR, GERJ, DXGE, FEEU, FGM, EURL, FKU, EFNL, EUDG, DXPS, FSZ, EURZ, FIEU, RUDR, DBEU, HEWG, DBUK
- Euro ETFs: FXE, EUO, ERO, DRR, EUFX, ULE, URR
- ECB chief Mario Draghi's press conference begins at 8:30 ET.
Jul. 19, 2013, 5:32 PM
Dec. 31, 2012, 11:51 AMMore details on iShares' ETF fee hikes: Going to 0.61% from 0.59% (a 3.4% hike) are its Chile Investable Market Fund (ECH), China Small Cap Fund (ECNS), Indonesia Investable Market Fund (EIDO), Israel Capped Investable Market Fund (EIS), Philippines Investable Market Fund (EPHE) , Poland Investable Market Fund (EPOL), All Peru Capped Fund (EPU), Taiwan Fund (EWT), South Korea Fund (EWY), Brazil Fund (EWZ), Brazil Small Cap Fund (EWZS), South Africa Fund (EZA), Thailand Investable Market Fund (THD) and Turkey Investable Market Fund (TUR). | Dec. 31, 2012, 11:51 AM | 2 Comments
Dec. 5, 2012, 7:32 AM
Oct. 3, 2012, 8:04 AM
May 9, 2012, 10:07 AMThe National Bank of Poland hikes interest rates 25 bps, bringing its benchmark lending rate to 4.75%, signalling a sharp difference between its economy (inflation worry) vs. much of the rest of Europe (growth worry). Today's increase is 5th in a tightening cycle begun in January 2011. PLND -2.3%. | May 9, 2012, 10:07 AM | Comment!
Mar. 26, 2012, 1:11 PMHopes for a European shale gas boom centered around Poland are fading amidst a number of failed wells and a lack of infrastructure, "We know the gas in place is there, but it's unclear if it can be extracted at a rate that's commercial," says an analyst. A U.S. estimate pegged a 300-year supply of gas in Poland, but the country has just cut its own estimate of reserves by 85%. | Mar. 26, 2012, 1:11 PM | Comment!
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:42 AMThe IMF tips its hat to Poland, calling it a "bright spot" in the region. The agency notes the nation was able to persevere through the crisis because of its ability to support growth through high domestic demand. It also didn't allow the boom in the housing and banking system to get out of hand like more than a few of its European brethren. | Feb. 6, 2012, 11:42 AM | Comment!
Dec. 30, 2011, 9:19 AMPoland's central bank is rumored to have intervened in the foreign exchange markets to prop up the zloty for the 2nd straight day (the bank has confirmed it intervened on Thursday). Thus far, Poland's finances have been spared much of the concern hitting the PIIGS and its eastern European neighbors such as Hungary. PLND -35% YTD. | Dec. 30, 2011, 9:19 AM | Comment!
Jul. 13, 2011, 3:25 PMPoland's June inflation comes in light - 4.2% vs. expectations of 4.8%, mainly due to a drop in food prices following the E. coli scare. The number could keep the central bank on the sidelines for a few months after hikes earlier this year. EPOL +3.4%, PLND +3.1%. | Jul. 13, 2011, 3:25 PM | 1 Comment
EPOL vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares MSCI Poland Capped Investable Market Index Fund (the “Fund”) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the MSCI Poland IMI 25/50 Index (the “ Underlying Index”).
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR