Tue, Jan. 20, 6:44 PM
- Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX) has acquired Nimbo, an IT services firm focused on helping enterprises implement hybrid clouds. Terms are undisclosed.
- Nimbo's services include helping migrate business apps to cloud environments, integrating/connecting traditional data centers with cloud servers, and managing hybrid clouds. Though growing quickly and claiming Fortune 100 clients, 2014 revenue was below $10M.
- Equinix, which counts plenty of major enterprises among its data center clients, says Nimbo will help build Equinix's "professional services capabilities to support data center migrations, WAN optimization and the creation of scalable, high performing hybrid cloud solutions."
Oct. 9, 2013, 10:12 AM
- Equinix (EQIX +0.2%) has acquired Kleyer 90, a Frankfurt carrier hotel - a data center colocation facility used by carriers to shuffle traffic between each other - from a private German investor. Terms are undisclosed. (PR)
- The purchase complements Equinix's existing data center properties in Frankfurt, one of Europe's largest Internet traffic hubs. Within Frankfurt, the company already runs Campus Kleyer, a giant facility consisting of two major data centers (partly based out of Kleyer 90), and Ancotel, a colocation/interconnection services provider (fully based out of Kleyer 90).
- News of the deal comes after Equnix upsized a credit facility by $250M.
Sep. 3, 2013, 4:39 PM
- Digital Realty (DLR) is acquiring a 15K sq. meter site in Osaka, Japan for $10.5M, and plans to build its first Japanese data center on it. The facility is expected to open in Q4 2014, and will be able to handle 4MW worth of IT hardware.
- Japan, which has one of the world's most advanced broadband infrastructures, is proving a popular spot for data center building. Equinix (EQIX) already owns multiple data centers in Tokyo and Osaka.
Sep. 18, 2012, 5:37 PMDigital Realty (DLR) has bought a 286K square foot data center and office complex outside Denver, CO. No purchase price is given for the property, which contains 170K square feet of data center space and is 94% leased. The purchase comes as rival Equinix (EQIX) exits smaller U.S. data center markets. (PR) | Comment!
Sep. 4, 2012, 12:11 PMEquinix (EQIX) says it plans to sell 16 data centers to an investment group - consisting of 365 Main, Crosslink Capital and Housatonic Partners - for about $75M, exiting nine markets in the United States. The company says the divestiture will allow it to better focus on its "most productive markets. | Comment!
May. 1, 2012, 10:23 AMEquinix (EQIX +0.8%) has acquired five data centers and a disaster recovery center from Hong Kong-based data center operator Asia Tone for $230.5M in cash. Equinix, which touted its growing Asia-Pac presence during last week's earnings call, also says it will obtain a Shanghai data center that's under construction. The acquired operations are expected to be cash flow positive in 2013. | Comment!
EQIX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR