SA Transcripts • Tue, Nov. 11
From other sites
Thu, Sep. 25, 9:17 AM
Tue, Mar. 4, 11:11 AM
- Select shipping stocks are showing strength today with developments in the Ukraine just a small part of the story.
- Issues of demand and shipping rates in the industry have been in focus, while the reactions of shorts is still an underlying factor.
- Advancers: Eagle Bulk Shippers (EGLE) +9.5%, Diana Shipping (DSX) +3.5%, FreeSeas (FREE) +3.4%, Navios Maritime Holdings (NM) +3.6%, Euroseas (ESEA) +4.6%, Baltic Trading (BALT) +3.8%, Paragon Shipping (PRGN) +2.2%.
- The Baltic Dry Index is up 1.5% on the day.
Wed, Jan. 15, 10:35 AM
- Shippers are on the move after dry bulk shipping rates finally show their first gain of the year.
- The Baltic Dry Index shows a four-point increase due to gains in capesize rates, which rose $280 to $13,168/day, while panamax rates fell $54 to $12,534 and supramax rates fell $65 to $12,364/day.
- Before today's gains, the BDI had plunged 40% YTD in its worst start of the year in 30 years.
- FREE +7.4%, EGLE +7.3%, GNK +5.5%, SB +4.3%, DRYS +4.1%, NM +3.4%, SBLK +2.8%, SHIP +2.5%, ESEA +2.3%, PRGN +2.1%, DCIX +2%, GSL +1.9%, NMM +1.3%, DSX +1.3%, DAC +1.1%, KEX +0.8%, ULTR +0.3%, BALT -1%, SINO -0.8%.
Oct. 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mar. 22, 2013, 10:40 AMThe runaway rally in dry bulk shipping stocks isn't knocking the socks off of Wells Fargo. The investment firm is quick to point out that multiple companies in the sector are likely to see bankruptcy or restructuring. Proceed with caution: EGLE, GNK, DRYS, DSX, PRGN, NEWL, FREE, NM, SBLK, ESEA. | 6 Comments
Mar. 7, 2013, 8:02 AMThe broad shipping sector could see another round of volatility after DryShips (DRYS) misses on both its top and bottom lines with its Q4 report and issues a troubling outlook for the market. "We continue to be bearish about the short-term performance of the shipping markets." DRYS -5.5% premarekt. On watch: PRGN, ESEA, FREE, EGLE, SBLK, NM, CPLP], DSX, GNK, EXM | Comment!
Jan. 7, 2013, 12:37 PMShipping stocks catch a wave with word out that shipping tycoon John Fredriksen might be looking to expand with a new order for vessels. The development gives some hope up that the Baltic Dry Index, up 1% YTD, bottomed out in December and will start the march back to 1,000. Daily advancers: FREE +26.4%, ESEA +4.9%, NEWL +12.7%, SB +1.4%, GNK +1.9%, EGLE +2.6%, SHIP +7.4%, EXM +10.6%, PRGN +15.3%. | 1 Comment
Jan. 4, 2013, 11:05 AMShipping firms trade higher in frenzied action tied to a strong outlook for shipping rates in 2013. Despite the rush, many analysts warn the sector is a place for investors to look to "rent" stocks instead of buy and hold. Advancers: EGLE +40.5%, EXM +26.5%, DRYS +12.2%, PRGN +7.8%, ESEA +7.5%, DSX +6.1%, GNK +8.1%. | Comment!
ESEA vs. ETF Alternatives
Euroseas Ltd is a provider of ocean-going transportation services. It owns and operates dry bulk carriers that transport major bulks such as iron ore, coal and grains, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and fertilizers.
Other News & PR