Marketwire (Aug 7, 2014)
Marketwire (Aug 4, 2014)
Marketwire (Jun 24, 2014)
Marketwire (May 30, 2014)
Marketwire (May 20, 2014)
at Fox Business (Aug 30, 2012)
Thu, Aug. 7, 6:24 PM
Tue, May. 20, 4:44 PM
Mon, Apr. 21, 12:23 PM
- Genco Shipping (GNK) has filed for bankruptcy, Bloomberg reports, as weakness in charter rates for its dry-bulk cargo ships made it difficult for the company to pay its creditors; shares have been halted since the open.
- GNK reportedly listed assets of $2.4B and debt of $1.5B in a Chapter 11 filing.
- Other shippers on the radar: DRYS, PRGN, DSX, FREE, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Tue, Mar. 4, 11:11 AM
- Select shipping stocks are showing strength today with developments in the Ukraine just a small part of the story.
- Issues of demand and shipping rates in the industry have been in focus, while the reactions of shorts is still an underlying factor.
- Advancers: Eagle Bulk Shippers (EGLE) +9.5%, Diana Shipping (DSX) +3.5%, FreeSeas (FREE) +3.4%, Navios Maritime Holdings (NM) +3.6%, Euroseas (ESEA) +4.6%, Baltic Trading (BALT) +3.8%, Paragon Shipping (PRGN) +2.2%.
- The Baltic Dry Index is up 1.5% on the day.
Thu, Feb. 20, 5:28 PM
Thu, Jan. 23, 9:41 AM
- Shipping rates fell again overnight, and the Baltic Dry Index is now -44% YTD.
- Overnight, capesize shipping rates declined 19.6% (or -$1,4620 to $11,128/day), panamax rates slipped 4% (or -$219) to $11,710/day, while supramax rates fell 1.8% (or -$94) to $11,721/day.
- YTD, capesize rates -71.5%, panamax rates -20%, supramax rates -23%.
- On watch: DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Wed, Jan. 15, 10:35 AM
- Shippers are on the move after dry bulk shipping rates finally show their first gain of the year.
- The Baltic Dry Index shows a four-point increase due to gains in capesize rates, which rose $280 to $13,168/day, while panamax rates fell $54 to $12,534 and supramax rates fell $65 to $12,364/day.
- Before today's gains, the BDI had plunged 40% YTD in its worst start of the year in 30 years.
- FREE +7.4%, EGLE +7.3%, GNK +5.5%, SB +4.3%, DRYS +4.1%, NM +3.4%, SBLK +2.8%, SHIP +2.5%, ESEA +2.3%, PRGN +2.1%, DCIX +2%, GSL +1.9%, NMM +1.3%, DSX +1.3%, DAC +1.1%, KEX +0.8%, ULTR +0.3%, BALT -1%, SINO -0.8%.
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:29 AM
Oct. 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 12, 2013, 5:44 PM
Aug. 12, 2013, 4:44 PM
May. 17, 2013, 9:15 AM
Mar. 27, 2013, 8:47 AMThe skittish dry bulk shipping sector could take a turn higher today with Jim Cramer backing the sector for a recovery. Though Cramer might be on board, other analysts have warned bankruptcy risk is still in play as oversupply issues get worked out in the industry. On watch: EGLE, DRYS, EXM, GNK, SB, ESEA, PRGN, NEWL, FREE. | 6 Comments
Mar. 22, 2013, 10:40 AMThe runaway rally in dry bulk shipping stocks isn't knocking the socks off of Wells Fargo. The investment firm is quick to point out that multiple companies in the sector are likely to see bankruptcy or restructuring. Proceed with caution: EGLE, GNK, DRYS, DSX, PRGN, NEWL, FREE, NM, SBLK, ESEA. | 6 Comments
Mar. 7, 2013, 8:02 AMThe broad shipping sector could see another round of volatility after DryShips (DRYS) misses on both its top and bottom lines with its Q4 report and issues a troubling outlook for the market. "We continue to be bearish about the short-term performance of the shipping markets." DRYS -5.5% premarekt. On watch: PRGN, ESEA, FREE, EGLE, SBLK, NM, CPLP], DSX, GNK, EXM | Comment!
ESEA vs. ETF Alternatives
Euroseas, Ltd. is a provider of ocean-going transportation services. It owns and operates dry bulk carriers that transport major bulks such as iron ore, coal and grains, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and fertilizers.
Other News & PR