- Exelixis shares are still down 42% in the last six months, mainly due to news in March that a clinical trial would continue to final analysis, disappointing the Street.
- Shares are on the mend, and have surpassed their 50-day moving average.
- Exelixis currently has over a dozen clinical trials ongoing for its flagship product Cometriq, which, if the data are positive, could send shares sharply higher.
- Revenues from Cometriq are up 65% year-over-year, but competition is fierce and the company has a significant cash burn rate, with financing to last until late 2015.
- Given the number of catalysts upcoming and the potential market for Cometriq, Exelixis has the potential for massive rewards for the risk-tolerant investor.