Fri, Mar. 6, 5:42 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 7:34 AM
Wed, Mar. 4, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:59 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK +2.9%) reports record silver production of more than 2M oz. in Q4, up 4% Y/Y, as well as ~15K oz. of gold, down 14% Y/Y, from its three operating silver mines in Mexico.
- As a result, EXK says 2014 was its 10th consecutive year of higher silver production, totaling 7.21M oz. of silver, up 6% from 2013, and 62.9K oz. of gold, down 17% Y/Y; silver equivalent production totaled 11.6M oz. at a 70:1 silver: gold ratio.
Fri, Jan. 9, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jan. 5, 5:30 PM
- Early-year pain for stocks has meant gain for gold, as February gold rose 1.5% today to settle at $1,203.90/oz., its best level in three weeks, as concerns about political upheaval in Greece and falling crude prices sparked a flight from risky assets; silver added $0.46 to $16.23.
- Rising gold prices also lifted shares of miner stocks, sending the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) +2.6% while the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDXJ) +4.3%.
- Gainers included IAG +7.4%, HL +3.1%, GOLD +2.4%, KGC +1.7%, NG +8.4%, EGO +4.7%, EXK +4.8%, RGLD +2.4%, CDE +2.6%, FNV +5.3%, SLW +1%, PAAS +3.3%, AG +6.1%, SVM +2.9%.
- Of course, two days of gains in 2015 hardly make up for two years of declines, and Barron’s Michael Kahn is among observers suggesting that investors wait for clearer signs of progress before making a move.
Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:50 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 9:05 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK) reports Q2 silver production rose 9% Y/Y to 1.67M oz., trending ahead of YTD guidance. while gold production fell 24% to 15,136 oz.; silver equiv. production slipped 6% to 2.6M oz.
- EXK says it now has 12 total drill rigs working at the three silver-gold mines it owns and operates in Mexico, plus the emerging new silver-gold discovery at the San Sebastian property.
- EXK +1.4% premarket.
Jun. 24, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK) says exploration drilling at its Bolanitos mine in Mexico continues to intersect high grade, silver-gold mineralization in the Asuncion area of the La Luz-Asuncion vein system, forming three discrete zones over an 800-meter length.
- Drilling highlights from the area in 2014 include 329 grams/metric ton of silver and 4.75 grams/metric ton of gold, or 17.9 oz./ton silver equivalent.
- EXK +1.4% premarket.
May. 12, 2014, 6:25 PM
Apr. 9, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK +3.1%) says it posted strong Q1 production results from its three operating silver mines in Mexico.
- Total silver production rose 27% Y/Y to nearly 1.9M oz., and gold production increased 23% to 18.5K oz.; silver equiv. output gained 26% to 3M oz. using a 60:1 silver gold ratio.
- EXK is already ahead of its production plan for the year even though it did not forecast any production growth in 2014, according to EXK CEO Bradford Cooke.
Apr. 7, 2014, 2:55 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK -1.2%) says an employee died Saturday due to a rock fall underground at the V-Asuncion mine, part of the El Cubo mine operations in Mexico; the mine is closed and EXK is working with Mexican authorities to investigate.
- A week earlier, an employee died from a rock fall underground at its Porvenir Cuatro mine, part of the Guanacevi mine operations in Mexico.
- EXK says it is closing each of its mines for two days to implement a full safety retraining program in response to the fatalities.
- EXK says it is ahead of its production plan for the year, so it does not expect the mine closures to impact production guidance.
Mar. 25, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Silver prices below $20/oz. should worry some investors, as several miners may need to adjust their plans if spot prices weaken further, Dundee's Chris Lichtenheldt says as he breaks down how specific companies will be impacted.
- The analyst says Coeur Mining (CDE) is an ideal sell or short candidate, Endeavour Silver (EXK) is essentially breakeven at $19 silver, and Silver Standard (SSRI) has been a top performer YTD but is a high-cost operator.
- As for Dundee's potential winners: Tahoe Resources (TAHO) is a low-cost operator with a best-in-class asset, Silver Wheaton's (SLW) balance sheet is solid above $15 silver, and Pan American Silver's (PAAS) strong balance sheet should provide a cushion as higher-cost operations have improved.
- ETFs: SIL, SLVP, SILJ
EXK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR