Fri, Mar. 6, 5:42 PM
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:59 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK +2.9%) reports record silver production of more than 2M oz. in Q4, up 4% Y/Y, as well as ~15K oz. of gold, down 14% Y/Y, from its three operating silver mines in Mexico.
- As a result, EXK says 2014 was its 10th consecutive year of higher silver production, totaling 7.21M oz. of silver, up 6% from 2013, and 62.9K oz. of gold, down 17% Y/Y; silver equivalent production totaled 11.6M oz. at a 70:1 silver: gold ratio.
Fri, Jan. 9, 5:35 PM
Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 9, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK +3.1%) says it posted strong Q1 production results from its three operating silver mines in Mexico.
- Total silver production rose 27% Y/Y to nearly 1.9M oz., and gold production increased 23% to 18.5K oz.; silver equiv. output gained 26% to 3M oz. using a 60:1 silver gold ratio.
- EXK is already ahead of its production plan for the year even though it did not forecast any production growth in 2014, according to EXK CEO Bradford Cooke.
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:49 AM
- As equities open in a broad-based decline, precious metals miners show early strength: ABX +4.1%, NG +4.1%, EXK +3.7%, GG +3.7%, IAG +3.3%, SA +2.9%, AG +2.8%, SSRI +3.1%, AUY +2.7%, GOLD +2.5%, NEM +2.3%, MVG +2.3%, SLW +2.2%, PAAS +2.2%, AU +2.1%, KGC +2.2% (Briefing.com).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, DUST, SIL, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DSLV, DBS, SLVP, GLTR, DGZ, AGOL, DBP, JNUG, DGLD, GLDI, RING, GGGG, SLVO, WITE, SILJ, PSAU, TBAR, JDST, USV, UBG, JJP, RGRP, BLNG.
Sep. 18, 2013, 5:42 PM
Jul. 15, 2013, 8:32 AM
Jul. 1, 2013, 3:06 PMCoeur d'Alene (CDE -3.4%) shares have been slashed by BMO's downgrade, but the firm also cut four other miners to Underperform, including Barrick Gold (ABX -2.3%), whose deferral of the Pascua-Lama project is "a step in the right direction" toward reducing company-wide costs. Also lowered are three silver producers (I, II, III): Pan American (PAAS +2.1%), Endeavour (EXK -1.1%) and Fortuna (FSM -3%). | 1 Comment
Jun. 7, 2013, 2:09 PMGold miners large (GDX -4.1%) and small (GDXJ -5.3%) alike are suffering a beat-down after jobs data from both the U.S. and Canada beat estimates; gold's gains for the week are entirely erased, and the metal "could melt even faster" if the global recovery continues. ABX -4.2%, AEM -6.7%, NEM -2.8%, GG -4.5%, AU -5.5%, EGO -5%, KGC -5.3%. SLW -2.8%, SSRI -7.3%, EXK -5.9%. GLD -2%, SLV -4.1%. | 31 Comments
May 7, 2013, 9:47 AMEndeavour Silver (EXK -2.9%) opens sharply lower after reporting Q1 earnings fell 27% and adjusted earnings tumbled 34%, hurt by lower realized gold and silver prices. Revenue actually rose 43% to $69.9M on 1.515M silver oz. and 15,724 gold oz. sold. Cash flow from operations slipped 8%. EXK also says it expects Q2 production to dip “slightly” before recovering in Q3 and growing in Q4. | 1 Comment
Apr. 29, 2013, 9:40 AMEndeavour Silver (EXK +2.1%) revises its 2013 financial plan to reflect lower assumed metal prices; it plans to defer 20% of capital investments, reduce non-core exploration spending by 25% and make an unspecified number of layoffs. EXK says none of the cost reductions are expected to change its mine plan or silver production forecast for the year. | Comment!
Apr. 8, 2013, 3:59 PM
EXK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR