Nov. 12, 2014, 10:06 AM
- The landmark emissions deal struck between the U.S. and China has implications for the automobile industry even if it is largely symbolic, according to analysts.
- There's some speculation that bickering between the nations over spying and other free trade issues won't reel in China-Western auto joint ventures and impact government EV subsidies as the nation stays focused on pollution control.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, TTM, TSLA.
Nov. 11, 2014, 9:20 AM
- Ford (NYSE:F) CEO Mark Field says the new F-150 has been run through 10M miles of testing to mark the most extensive preparation for a new model launch in the company's history.
- The automaker says 224K potential buyers have asked for more details about the new F-150.
- What to watch: If the launch of the aluminum-bodied pickup goes well, Ford will have a distinctive advantage over peers as it considers a broader aluminum push into other popular models and brands.
- Previously: Positive reviews for the 2015 F-150 pile up
Nov. 10, 2014, 10:49 AM
- Reviews for the new aluminum-bodied F-150 from Ford (F -1.2%) continue to come in strong as publications start to test advanced versions of the new pickup.
- Ward's Auto: "It is the best-handling fullsize pickup I’ve ever driven," writes Drew Winter.
- Car and Driver: "Its aluminum body and bed mark a sea change in an industry that so often drifts with the current."
- Kelley Blue Book: "The new F-150 is best in its class."
- What to watch: Official EPA fuel economy numbers on the 2015 F-150 will be released later this month with the 28 mpg from the Ram EcoDiesel an important target.
Nov. 6, 2014, 3:22 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 2:18 PM
- New car registrations in the U.K. rose 14.2% to 179,144 units in October, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturer and Traders.
- Ford (NYSE:F) held the top two spots on the best-selling list with its Fiesta and Focus models. The Vauxhall Corsa (NYSE:GM) model ranked third.
- What to watch: SMMT expects full-year sales in the U.K. to reach 2.49M units in 2015 and then flatline into 2016.
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:02 PM
- Ford (F +1.1%) has offered dealers a cash bonus for matching sales targets before the end of the year, according to Automotive News.
- Though the action could pinch margins a bit, the automaker is trying to protect market share and clear inventory before the upcoming 2015 F-150 launch.
- U.S. sales fell 1.7% in October and 2.7% in September for Ford as production efforts were diverted to the aluminum F-150 debut.
Nov. 6, 2014, 10:29 AM| 8 Comments
Nov. 4, 2014, 10:59 AM
- Ford (F -0.8%) is recalling more than 202K vehicles in North America due to gas leaks, sensor malfunctions, stalling and other issues.
- Recalled models: 135K F-150 pickups and Ford Flex from 2014; 38.6K Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Cars from 2005 to 2011; 27.6K Transit Connect small vans from 2014; Two smaller recalls affect 2015 Transit vans and 2014 F-150 pickups.
Nov. 3, 2014, 9:44 AM
- Ford (F -0.4%) reports a drop in sales for cars and trucks during October, offset in part by a 10.3% increase in sales of utilities.
- Sales growth by brand: Ford -2.7% to 179,771; Lincoln +24.6% to 8,883.
- Sales growth by model: Ford Focus -9.1% to 13,733; Ford Fusion +5.1% to 22,846; Ford Escape +12.0% to 24,919; Ford F-Series -0.6% to 63,410; Ford Explorer +6.4% to 14,455..
Nov. 3, 2014, 9:36 AM| Comment!
Oct. 31, 2014, 3:22 PM
- Ford (F +1.2%) says 179K consumers priced their online configuration of a 2015 F-150 over the last four weeks.
- The automaker says a total of 200K website visitors have asked to be notified when there is news about the F-150 style they prefer.
- What to watch: Ford has given up some market share in the U.S. this year in anticipation of strong demand for the aluminum-bodied 2015 F-150. Early buzz could be critical with the automaker needing to get to Q2 before seeing full supply.
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:09 AM
- How bad is the smog in Beijing?
- The China Fashion Week show in the nation's capital included the introduction of new lines of face masks from well-known designers.
- Twice this month smog in Beijing has soared past the 400 level on a pollution index which marks 300 as a hazardous level.
- The worsening smog situation in China has led many cities to take new measures to support the electric vehicle industry.
- Related stocks: F, GM, OTCQX:VLKAY, TSLA, TM, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY.
Oct. 29, 2014, 1:35 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 11:22 AM
- Citigroup thinks the nagging concerns raised by analysts on the impact of a weak Yen on Ford (F +0.1%) and General Motors (GM +1%) are overdone.
- The investment firm is quick to note the currency doesn't materially impact truck profits for the companies.
- A "Go Long" pickup thesis on the Detroit automakers is still very solid, according to Citi.
Oct. 27, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Kelley Blue Book forecasts new-vehicle sales in the U.S. will increase 5.4% Y/Y to 1.27M units in October.
- The research firm warns that the ratio of incentive spending to ATP (average transaction price) is at the highest level in the industry since 2010.
- The compact SUV/crossover segment is expected to see the strongest growth rate during the month at 13.6%.
- KBB sales forecast by manufacturer: General Motors (NYSE:GM) +4.2% to 236K; Toyota (NYSE:TM) +5.9% to 179K; Ford (NYSE:F) -3.3% to 185K; Chrysler Automotive Group (NYSE:FCAU) +19.2% to 167K; Honda (NYSE:HMC) +4.8% to 114.5K; Nissan (OTCPK:NSANY) +12.1% to 102K; Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF) +6.1% to 99K; Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) +2.9% to 46K.
Oct. 25, 2014, 9:27 PM
- The Transportation Department will conduct an internal review of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in response to a series of recent safety failures, including this week's 7.8M vehicle recall, Reuters reports.
- The House of Representatives' Energy and Commerce Committee is to hold an initial briefing with U.S. safety regulators next week to learn the details of the regional recalls affecting 10 automakers - Toyota (NYSE:TM), Honda (NYSE:HMC), Mazda (OTCPK:MZDAY), BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY), Nissan (OTCPK:NSANY), Mitsubishi (OTC:MMTOY), Subaru (OTCPK:FUJHY), Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU), Ford (NYSE:F) and General Motors (NYSE:GM).
- It was reported on Friday that the Obama administration will likely nominate a permanent chief of the NHTSA within two weeks.
F vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR