Tue, Apr. 28, 7:29 AM
- Ford (NYSE:F) reports pre-tax profit rose 17% Y/Y to $1.4B in Q1.
- Operating margin for the automotive part of the business was up 20 bps to 3.6%.
- Automotive revenue by segment: North America -2% to $20B, South America -20% to $1.5B, Europe -11% to $6.9B, Middle East & Africa $1.1B, Asia Pacific -14% to $2.3B
- Automotive operating-related cash flow ended the quarter at $500M.
- The financial services business saw pre-tax profit of $483M, essentially flat from a year ago.
- Ford reconfirms 2015 pre-tax profit guidance of $8.5B to $9.5B.
- Ford Q1 press release (.pdf)
- F -1.64% premarket.
Tue, Mar. 3, 9:24 AM
- Ford (NYSE:F) unit sales -1.9% to 180,383 vs. the +5% to +6% expected range from analysts.
- Passenger car sales fell 8.1% to 56,081 during the month.
- Utilities sales -2.3% to 54,420.
- Truck sales +4.0% to 69,882 led by the new aluminum-bodied F-150.
- Shares of Ford are down 3.8% premarket to $15.95 after the sales report.
Tue, Feb. 3, 9:22 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:08 AM
Fri, Jan. 23, 9:04 AM| 10 Comments
Nov. 28, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Automobile stocks are higher as a group after oil prices slide.
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) is up 2.3% and Toyota is 1.1% higher, while shares of Ford (NYSE:F) are just poking out a modest 0.1% gain.
- There's some concerns that Ford's big bet on aluminum loses some of its relevance if gas prices shoot lower.
- Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF) and BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) are both beating broad market averages with +1% gains.
- EV automaker Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) is down 2.1% on the day.
Nov. 13, 2014, 12:55 PM
- Shares of Ford (NYSE:F) are up over 3% after the automaker posts solid sales trends in Europe.
- Analysts think the recent sales momentum could help Ford beat expectations for a $1.2B loss on the continent this year and $250M loss for 2015.
- The automaker has big plans for 2015 in Europe with new Focus ST, S-Max, C-Max, Grand C-Max, Mustang, and Edge models scheduled to be introduced.
Oct. 24, 2014, 7:04 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 4:18 PM
- Shares of Ford (NYSE:F) ended the day 7.5% lower on a late selling flurry after the automaker forecast a loss of $1B in South America due to currency issues and issued weak guidance for Europe as well.
- Pre-tax profit for 2014 is pegged at $6B by the company.
- The comments from Ford management came during an Investor Day Conference (webcast, slides).
- F -0.5% AH.
Sep. 8, 2014, 6:53 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:15 AM
- North America Wholesales of 760K vs. 802K a year ago, with revenue of $21.2B vs. $21.8B. Operating margin of 11.6% up 100 basis points from a year ago. Pre-tax income of $2.44B vs. $2.32B a year ago. Market share dipped 1.2 points to 15.3%. For FY14, Ford (NYSE:F) expects pre-tax profit to be lower than 2013 and operating margin in the 8-9% range.
- South America Wholesales of 114K vs. 147K a year ago, with pre-tax loss of $295M vs. a profit of $151M a year ago. Ford now expects a larger loss in South America than what it previously guided for.
- Europe Wholesales of 376K vs. 377K a year ago, with pre-tax profit of $14M vs. a loss of $306M. Full-year guidance is unchanged.
- Asia-Pacific Wholesales of 362K vs. 300K a year ago, with pre-tax income of $159M vs. $130M. Wholesale volume in China gained 26% Y/Y. Company expects full-year profit in 2014 to be higher than a year previous.
- Conference calls at 8:30 and 11:30 ET can be heard here.
- Previously: Ford Motor beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- Shares +1% premarket
May 21, 2014, 5:42 PM
Apr. 1, 2014, 9:35 AM
Feb. 12, 2014, 9:07 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 7:32 AM
- Ford (F) reports operating cash flow derived from its automobile operations of $500M for Q4, a downward trend it expects to carry into 2014.
- Production volume was higher in North America and Asia/Pacific/Africa during Q4, while South America and Europe saw a drop.
- Operating margin fell 70 bps from the same period a year ago, inclusive of a 80 bp drop in North America.
- The automaker doesn't change its outlook for 2014, but keeps up a cautious tone.
- F +1.9% premarket
Jan. 27, 2014, 8:19 AM| Comment!
F vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR