Today, 2:49 AM
- The combined effects of China's economic slowdown, a maturing smartphone industry and market volatility are sending jitters through Asian electronic-parts suppliers, which have long-relied on Chinese manufacturing muscle and consumer demand to power growth.
- Earlier this month, research firm Gartner said smartphone sales in China fell for the first time in Q2, while IDC forecasts smartphone shipments in the country to grow just 1.2% this year, down from 19.7% in 2014.
- Related tickers: SNE, OTC:SSNLF, OTC:HNHAF, OTC:PGTRF, OTCPK:SHCAY, OTCPK:LNVGY, OTC:HTCXF, OTC:FXCOF, OTCPK:PCRFY, OTCPK:BYDDY, OTC:HXSCF, OTCPK:TOELF, OTCPK:FANUF
Thu, Mar. 12, 8:56 PM
- With the market open in Tokyo, the Nikkei index has passed 19,000 for the first time since the dot-com bust, to reach a new 15-year high, following on the U.S. market's strong day. The index is up 0.7% so far, to 19,130.
- Early top gainers included robotics firm Fanuc (OTCPK:FANUY), up 10.2% in local trade early, while Softbank (OTCPK:SFTBY) is up 0.5% and Fast Retailing (OTCPK:FRCOY) up 1.7%.
- Big exporters are benefiting from a weaker yen: Toshiba (OTCPK:TOSYY) up 0.3%; Toyota (NYSE:TM) up 0.3% in Tokyo trade.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, JPNL, YCL, DXJS, SCJ, JSC, ITF, JPP, HEWJ, FJP, QJPN, JPMV, DXJT, DXJH, DXJR, DXJC, DXJF
FANUF vs. ETF Alternatives
FANUC CORPORATION manufactures factory automation (FA) systems and equipments, and robots. The Company's products include computerized numerically-controlled (CNC) equipment, servo motors, laser systems, industrial robots, wire-cut electric discharge machines, and CNC drill. Fanuc participates... More
Other News & PR