Tue, Mar. 10, 6:02 PM
Mon, Mar. 9, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 9:13 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 5:45 PM
Dec. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 12, 2014, 8:44 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +3.1% premarket after reporting the final acceptance of ts first German-manufactured fuel cell power plant that is installed and operating at Berlin's Federal Ministry of Education and Research office complex.
- Yesterday, FCEL announced an operating milestone with the generation of 3B kwh of ultra-clean and renewable electricity produced by Direct FuelCell power plants since first commercial installation in 2003.
Dec. 1, 2014, 8:27 AM
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:55 AM
- Solar stocks are getting hit hard (TAN -5.1%) after OPEC opted against cutting oil production, leading crude prices to plunge below $70/barrel and sparking huge selloffs in energy/commodity stocks. Fuel cell stocks aren't faring much better.
- Solar decliners: FSLR -6.8%. SPWR -6%. SUNE -5.7%. SCTY -2.9%. CSIQ -10.7%. SOL -9.1%. YGE -7.3%. DQ -7.2%. ENPH -6.8%. TSL -6.9%. JASO -7.5%. RGSE -3.9%. JKS -6.9%. CSUN -3.5%. VSLR -3.7%. HSOL -3.8%.
- Fuel cell decliners: BLDP -6.1%. FCEL -4.5%. PLUG -2.3%. HYGS -5.3%.
Nov. 12, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG -16.6%) bumps along near its lows of the day following its Q3 earnings miss and downside revenue guidance.
- In its earnings conference call, PLUG lowered its FY 2014 revenue guidance to $70M-$75M vs. prior guidance of $75M, and expects to ship 900-1000 Gendrive units in Q4; reaffirms its 2014 bookings guidance of $150M.
- PLUG sees product gross margins expanding to 25% gross margins by year-end 2015; sees service gross margins ~10% region during the period.
- Says it is attempting to build a new large scale hydrogen plant, and may seek partners or acquisitions.
- Also: FCEL -6.6%, BLDP -8.6%, ZBB -3%.
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG) continued to climb today, building on the fuel-cell manufacturer's announcement last week about a new deal to supply Golden State Foods with its GenDrive zero-emission hydrogen fuel cells for use in powering 39 of its material handling vehicles.
- PLUG previously has said it expects its product and service orders to triple over year-ago levels, possibly lifting the company to its first profit since 1999.
- PLUG jumped 9% today and nearly 17% since the news; peers FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) and Ballard Power (NASDAQ:BLDP) both rose more than 5% today.
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:09 PM
- Solar and fuel cell companies are among the biggest decliners on a day that saw NYMEX crude oil prices fall below $85/barrel (they're now slightly above), and Reuters report the Saudi government "will accept oil prices below $90 per barrel, and perhaps down to $80, for as long as a year or two." The Nasdaq as a whole finished down 1.4%.
- Of note: Oil only accounts for 1% of U.S. electricity production, and also a small percentage of electricity output in many other large economies.
- Solar decliners: SUNE -10.7%. FSLR -5.9%. SCTY -9.7%. DQ -9.4%. CSIQ -8.1%.JASO -7.7%. SOL -8.6%. TERP -7.5%. JKS -6.7%. CSUN -5.9%. VSLR -6.3%. TSL -8.7%. YGE -5%.
- Fuel cell decliners: FCEL -6%. PLUG -4.7%. BLDP -7.4%.
- Solar ETFs: KWT, TAN
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) with a $3.2M contract for advanced material development to enhance power density and performance of the company's next generation Direct FuelCell products.
- FuelCell has included both the University of Connecticut and the Illinois Institute of Technology to support select aspects of the research for the three year project.
- FCEL +3.4% premarket
Sep. 29, 2014, 9:58 AM
Sep. 26, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 9, 2014, 3:25 PM
- FuelCell Energy's (FCEL -10.3%) FQ3 earnings may have been disappointing but that doesn’t take away from the longer-term trends supporting the stock, Cowen analysts say.
- Product sales levels were indeed disappointing at $43.2M, 20% lower Y/Y, but short-term cash and cash equivalent totaled $113M, ~16% of market cap, the firm observes; total backlog rose marginally to ~$350M, but that represents ~50% of market cap, and gross margin of 9.2% was a notable Y/Y increase from 8.4%.
- Investors should watch for any news of additional projects with NRG Energy (NRG -0.9%), which has bought $35M in FCEL shares and extended a $40M loan to help toward completing projects.
- FCEL peers PLUG -4.7% and BLDP -4.2% also are sharply lower.
FCEL vs. ETF Alternatives
Fuelcell Energy Inc is an integrated fuel cell company. The Company designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates and services ultra-clean, highly efficient stationary fuel cell power plantsfor distributed power generation.
Other News & PR