Wed, Feb. 11, 9:13 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 5:45 PM
Dec. 12, 2014, 8:44 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +3.1% premarket after reporting the final acceptance of ts first German-manufactured fuel cell power plant that is installed and operating at Berlin's Federal Ministry of Education and Research office complex.
- Yesterday, FCEL announced an operating milestone with the generation of 3B kwh of ultra-clean and renewable electricity produced by Direct FuelCell power plants since first commercial installation in 2003.
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:55 AM
- Solar stocks are getting hit hard (TAN -5.1%) after OPEC opted against cutting oil production, leading crude prices to plunge below $70/barrel and sparking huge selloffs in energy/commodity stocks. Fuel cell stocks aren't faring much better.
- Solar decliners: FSLR -6.8%. SPWR -6%. SUNE -5.7%. SCTY -2.9%. CSIQ -10.7%. SOL -9.1%. YGE -7.3%. DQ -7.2%. ENPH -6.8%. TSL -6.9%. JASO -7.5%. RGSE -3.9%. JKS -6.9%. CSUN -3.5%. VSLR -3.7%. HSOL -3.8%.
- Fuel cell decliners: BLDP -6.1%. FCEL -4.5%. PLUG -2.3%. HYGS -5.3%.
Nov. 12, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG -16.6%) bumps along near its lows of the day following its Q3 earnings miss and downside revenue guidance.
- In its earnings conference call, PLUG lowered its FY 2014 revenue guidance to $70M-$75M vs. prior guidance of $75M, and expects to ship 900-1000 Gendrive units in Q4; reaffirms its 2014 bookings guidance of $150M.
- PLUG sees product gross margins expanding to 25% gross margins by year-end 2015; sees service gross margins ~10% region during the period.
- Says it is attempting to build a new large scale hydrogen plant, and may seek partners or acquisitions.
- Also: FCEL -6.6%, BLDP -8.6%, ZBB -3%.
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG) continued to climb today, building on the fuel-cell manufacturer's announcement last week about a new deal to supply Golden State Foods with its GenDrive zero-emission hydrogen fuel cells for use in powering 39 of its material handling vehicles.
- PLUG previously has said it expects its product and service orders to triple over year-ago levels, possibly lifting the company to its first profit since 1999.
- PLUG jumped 9% today and nearly 17% since the news; peers FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) and Ballard Power (NASDAQ:BLDP) both rose more than 5% today.
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:09 PM
- Solar and fuel cell companies are among the biggest decliners on a day that saw NYMEX crude oil prices fall below $85/barrel (they're now slightly above), and Reuters report the Saudi government "will accept oil prices below $90 per barrel, and perhaps down to $80, for as long as a year or two." The Nasdaq as a whole finished down 1.4%.
- Of note: Oil only accounts for 1% of U.S. electricity production, and also a small percentage of electricity output in many other large economies.
- Solar decliners: SUNE -10.7%. FSLR -5.9%. SCTY -9.7%. DQ -9.4%. CSIQ -8.1%.JASO -7.7%. SOL -8.6%. TERP -7.5%. JKS -6.7%. CSUN -5.9%. VSLR -6.3%. TSL -8.7%. YGE -5%.
- Fuel cell decliners: FCEL -6%. PLUG -4.7%. BLDP -7.4%.
- Solar ETFs: KWT, TAN
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) with a $3.2M contract for advanced material development to enhance power density and performance of the company's next generation Direct FuelCell products.
- FuelCell has included both the University of Connecticut and the Illinois Institute of Technology to support select aspects of the research for the three year project.
- FCEL +3.4% premarket
Sep. 26, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 9, 2014, 3:25 PM
- FuelCell Energy's (FCEL -10.3%) FQ3 earnings may have been disappointing but that doesn’t take away from the longer-term trends supporting the stock, Cowen analysts say.
- Product sales levels were indeed disappointing at $43.2M, 20% lower Y/Y, but short-term cash and cash equivalent totaled $113M, ~16% of market cap, the firm observes; total backlog rose marginally to ~$350M, but that represents ~50% of market cap, and gross margin of 9.2% was a notable Y/Y increase from 8.4%.
- Investors should watch for any news of additional projects with NRG Energy (NRG -0.9%), which has bought $35M in FCEL shares and extended a $40M loan to help toward completing projects.
- FCEL peers PLUG -4.7% and BLDP -4.2% also are sharply lower.
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 9, 2014, 7:54 AM| Comment!
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 5, 2014, 9:02 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +3.2% premarket after announcing a $7.5M cost-shared award by the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy to enhance the performance and durability of its solid oxide fuel cell technology.
- The project is focused on performance, reliability and reduction in cost of the SOFC cell and stack technology through improvements in cell materials, stack designs and manufacturing quality.
Aug. 20, 2014, 3:41 PM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL -7.1%) is slammed by a variety of factors, particularly remarks from a Toyota exec at the JPMorgan Auto Conference who said filling up a tank of vehicles powered by hydrogen fuel cells could cost $50, nearly twice as expensive as gasoline.
- Also, a StreetSweeper article predicts "stubborn challenges" ahead for FCEL, including the likely loss of its biggest customer, an inability to scale, and "if FCEL is really on the verge of profitability, why does it keep selling shares?"
- Finally, Jim Cramer told his Mad Money audience that he would stay away from the stock: “These are just total rank speculation stories. I can’t go there.”
FCEL vs. ETF Alternatives
Fuelcell Energy Inc is an integrated fuel cell company. The Company designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates and services ultra-clean, highly efficient stationary fuel cell power plantsfor distributed power generation.
Other News & PR