There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Fairchild Semiconductor: 3 Different Insiders Have Sold Shares During The Last 30 Days
- 3 insiders sold Fairchild Semiconductor stock within one month.
- The stock was not purchased by any insiders in the month of intensive selling.
- All 3 of these insiders decreased their holdings by more than 10%.
Wed, Aug. 20, 11:51 AM
- Fairchild (FCS +2.5%), Intersil (ISIL +1.3%), Semtech (SMTC +2.6%) and Power Integrations (POWI +3.3%) have all given back a chunk of their early gains. Peer International Rectifier, which also rallied, has been halted.
- All 5 companies had jumped on a Bloomberg report stating Infineon is nearing a deal to buy a U.S. chipmaker for ~$2B.
Wed, Aug. 20, 10:15 AM
- Bloomberg reports Infineon (OTCPK:IFNNF) "nearing an agreement to acquire a U.S.- based semiconductor company for about $2 billion," and that a deal could be announced as soon as today.
- No word on whom Infineon is looking to buy. Bloomberg notes it reported last month analog/mixed-signal chipmakers Fairchild (FCS +5.6%), Power Integrations (POWI +11.3%), and Semtech (SMTC +8%) are considered M&A targets, as the chip industry continues to consolidate.
- Shares of all three companies are up sharply, as are those of peers International Rectifier (IRF +5.8%) and Intersil (ISIL +4.4%). FCS and IRF are currently worth $2B; POWI is worth $1.9B; ISIL is worth $1.8B; and SMTC is worth $1.7B.
- "[Infineon] would like to build a stronger presence in power management," says Liberum Capital's Janardan Menon. He adds the market has "high barriers to entry and strong growth prospects," a fact that also hasn't been lost on Texas Instruments and other industry players.
Thu, Jul. 17, 7:35 AM| Comment!
Wed, Jul. 16, 5:30 PM
Thu, Apr. 17, 7:36 AM| Comment!
Thu, Apr. 17, 12:05 AM
Wed, Apr. 16, 5:30 PM
Wed, Apr. 16, 1:47 PM
- Though the Nasdaq is up 0.7%, many chip stocks are heading in the opposite direction (SOXX -0.6%) after Intel provided mixed Q1 top-line numbers for its business units - server chip sales were healthy, mobile sales were weak, and PC sales were in between - ASML lowered its 1H14 sales outlook and provided cautious 2H remarks (has dinged many chip equipment stocks), and Linear offered somewhat soft March quarter guidance.
- Notable decliners: CRUS -3.3%. ENTR -3.3%. QUIK -2.4%. CAVM -2%. PSMI -3.6%. ADI -2.3%. TXN -1.4%. MXIM -1.5%. FCS -1.5%. The last four companies all compete against Linear.
- Himax (HIMX -1.5%) is off after Chardan Capital lowered its PT to $9 from $12; the firm downgraded Himax in January. Shares tumbled on Monday, then ticked higher on Tuesday following a Q1 pre-announcement.
- Chip ETFs: SMH, XSD, PSI, SOXL, USD, SOXS, SSG
Fri, Jan. 24, 9:45 AM
- SAP (SAP -1.5%) has been cut to Hold by Argus and Berenberg. The software giant posted mixed Q4 results and offered cautious guidance earlier this week.
- Mellanox (MLNX -5.9%) has been cut to Underweight by Barclays ahead of Wednesday's Q4 report.
- Angie's List (ANGI +0.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley. Q4 results arrive on Feb. 12.
- FireEye (FEYE -4.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Barclays following a massive run-up in the wake of the Mandiant deal.
- Fairchild (FCS -4.6%) has been cut to Underperform by BofA/Merrill a day after delivering mixed Q4 results and forecasting a Q1 gross margin decline. Deutsche cut shares to Hold yesterday.
Thu, Jan. 23, 1:19 PM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 23, 7:17 AM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 23, 12:05 AM
Wed, Jan. 22, 5:30 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
- Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS +1.3%) shares trade up on a day that the Market Vectors semiconductor ETF is off 0.48% after the company's board authorizes a $100M share repurchase program.
- CEO Mark Thompson: "We completed a significant investment cycle to increase our 8 inch wafer fabrication capabilities last year and now expect lower capital spending for many years."
- The program would be good for reducing shares outstanding by ~6% at current price levels.
Dec. 2, 2013, 9:49 AM
- Groupon (GRPN -5.4%), OpenTable (OPEN -5%), and Trulia (TRLA -5.4%) have been cut to Neutral by Goldman.
- Sprint (S -2.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie.
- Rackspace (RAX +3.4%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Raymond James.
- Avago (AVGO +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by DA Davidson.
- Marketo (MKTO +7.3%) has been added to Goldman's Conviction Buy list.
- Ruckus (RKUS +3.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW -3.2%) has been cut to Outperform from Strong Buy by Raymond James.
- American Superconductor (AMSC -2.5%) has been cut to Neutral by Ascendiant Capital.
- Fairchild (FCS -4.2%) has been cut to Market Perform by Raymond James.
- Tableau (DATA -1.8%) has been started at Sector Perform by RBC.
Oct. 17, 2013, 6:27 PM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
FCS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR