Fission Uranium Corp. is a Canadian-based uranium exploration company with a new, major discovery at Patterson Lake South (PLS) in Canadas Athabasca Basin, home to the worlds richest source of high grade uranium. Additional properties are held on the Western side of the Athabasca Basin as well... More
Monday, Feb 2411:42 AM
Monday, Feb 2411:42 AM| 22 Comments
- Uranium takeovers are on the verge of a comeback that could put companies such as Denison Mines (DNN +5.2%), Ur-Energy (URG +4.9%) and Fission Uranium (FCUUF) in play, according to a Bloomberg report.
- Uranium prices are forecast to rise more than 40% by year's end as Japanese power plants restart nuclear reactors that have been shut down since the March 2011 Fukushima disaster, and analysts say the rebound in uranium demand may fuel takeovers as buyers try to get ahead of rising prices.
- DNN would make an attractive target for someone looking to gain access to Canada’s Athabasca Basin, home to the world’s richest high-grade uranium; a Raymond James analyst thinks Rio Tinto may be particularly interested.
- Cantor Fitgerald thinks DNN and Fission could be targets of Cameco (CCJ +0.8%), which has been building up cash and last month sold a stake in a power plant for C$450M.
- Also: URRE +5.5%, URZ +4.6%, UEC +0.9%, USU +0.4%.
- ETFs: NLR, NUCL.
Wednesday, Jan 162013, 2:49 PMAmong the Fission Energy assets being acquired by Denison (DNN +3.4%) is a 60% stake in the Waterbury Lake uranium project, part of a deposit attached to Rio Tinto’s (RIO -1.9%) Roughrider deposit - which Cantor Fitzgerald says "ties a neat bow on top of Denison for a potential takeout offer" from RIO. The analyst also considers Cameco (CCJ -1.2%) a potential source of a competing offer for Fission. |Wednesday, Jan 162013, 2:49 PM| Comment!
- View all 3 replies
Kirklander:: But, they will never get there. They are sure to sell at a very lucrative price in the coming rush for uranium supply. 3 - 5 years.
harball:: yes, this will get flipped the minute spot uranium jettisons. dundee analysts think they have more than 100m lbs based in recent drills