Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on FEX.
There are no News articles on FEX.
FEX vs. ETF Alternatives
The First Trust Large Cap Core AlphaDEX® Fund is an exchange-traded fund. The investment objective of the Fund is to seek investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before fees and expenses, of an equity index called the Defined Large Cap Core Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap, A Guide to Strategy ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap
Wednesday, Dec 1112:08 PM
Wednesday, Dec 1112:08 PM| 2 Comments
- "2014 is the year to squeeze more juice out of risk assets. But investors should be ready to discard the fruit when it starts running dry," says BlackRock's Ewen Cameron Watt in the firm's 2014 Investment Outlook. "Beware of traffic jams: easy to get into, hard to get out of."
- Behind the view is the idea central banks (U.S., U.K, Canada, China, to name a few) are poised to begin tightening monetary policy.
- BlackRock doesn't believe stocks are yet in a bubble, but its "risk indicator" - measuring enterprise value against earnings adjusted for volatility - is nearly as high as just before the dotcom bust. "The ratio of the two is the key. High valuations combined with low volatility can make for a lethal mix. This market gauge sounded the alarm well before the Great Financial Crisis."
- Broad large-cap ETFs: PRF, VUG, VTV, SDOG, VV, SCHX, MGK, DEF, SCHG, SCHV, PWV, FLAG, MGV, DOD, JKD, FEX, EQL, IWY, EZY, JKE, PWB, IWX, FTC, JKF, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, SFK, FWDD, PXLC, ALTL, PXLV, GVT, RWG, FNDX, PXLG, IELG
Friday, Dec 61:13 PM
Friday, Dec 61:13 PM| 2 Comments
- "The great peril is not that the Fed finally tightens monetary policy and US stock prices suddenly tumble from what are very obviously overpriced levels," writes Hugh Hendry in his December letter, explaining his new-found bullishness. "The greater peril is that the current backdrop will turn out to mark a rapid acceleration in the ongoing move to the upside."
- In a highly entertaining essay drawing inspiration from the classic Bob Ryan character who popped up on HBO's Entourage for a couple of episodes, Hendry notes the eerie comparison to the markets of 1928, 1982, and 1998 - all ended badly, yes, but participants made plenty of money during the boom phase.
- "Just be long. Pretty much anything."
- Broad large-cap ETFs: PRF, PKW, VUG, VTV, SDOG, VV, SCHX, MGK, DEF, SCHG, SCHV, PWV, FLAG, MGV, DOD, JKD, FEX, EQL, IWY, EZY, JKE, PWB, IWX, FTC, JKF, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, SFK, PXLC, FWDD, PXLV, ALTL, GVT, RWG, FNDX, PXLG, IELG
Thursday, Dec 511:16 AM
Thursday, Dec 511:16 AM| 14 Comments
- A "public service" from John Hussman who presents this long-term chart of the S&P 500 (SPY -0.3%) matched against occasions when the Investors Intelligence poll registered Bears at less than 18.5%, the Shiller P/E ratio stood above 19, and the S&P 500 was at a 5-year high: 1973, 1987, 2007, and today.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, VOO, QID, PRF, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, SKF, DXD, QLD, IWF, RWL, EPS, IWD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IVW, VV, SPYG, SCHX, IWB, RPG, SPHB, NY, SPYV, BXUB, RPV, VOOG, QQEW, QQQE, JKD, VONE, FEX, VOOV, TRND, EQL, ROLA, SFLA, FBG, BXUC, UKF, FTA, QQXT, ONEK, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, BXDB, UVG, EWRI, PXLC, VONG, VONV, FWDD, TNDQ, LGLV, ALTL, SJF, FIBG
Wednesday, Mar 203:40 PM
Tuesday, Jul 262011, 7:05 AMPeripheral bonds slump and the starch is taken out of a European stock rally after weak Spanish and Italian bond auctions. "If you think that the market is buying into the EU summit of last week, then you'd expect to see better T-bill auctions," says a strategist. Stoxx 50 -0.2%. |Tuesday, Jul 262011, 7:05 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, May 182011, 4:38 PMGoldman's Thomas Stolper renews his call for dollar weakness, raising his estimate for the euro to $1.55 within a year. Until manufacturing picks up and the trade deficit comes more into balance, the path for the greenback will be lower. The main risk to his forecast: "asset weakness," i.e. the "risk off" trade would give the dollar a powerful bid. |Wednesday, May 182011, 4:38 PM| 5 Comments