Thu, Mar. 26, 9:13 AM
Thu, Mar. 26, 8:53 AM
- Shares of Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) soar after the company increases its profit and promises more store openings.
- The company says it will add 70 stores this year off an existing base of 366 at the end of January.
- Q4 comps at Five Below compared favorably to peers, while operating income rose 31% Y/Y.
- Previously: Five Below +2.8% after topping Q4 expectations (Mar. 25 2015)
- FIVE +8.2% premarket to $34.87.
Wed, Mar. 25, 5:38 PM
Wed, Mar. 25, 4:15 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) reports comparable-store sales increased 3.2% in Q4.
- Store count +20% Y/Y to 366.
- Guidance: The company expects Q1 revenue of $150M-$152M vs. $154.2M consensus. Comps seen rising 1% to 2% during the period.
- FIVE +2.82% after hours.
- Previously: Five Below beats by $0.01, beats on revenue
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:47 AM
- Shares of Dollar Tree (DLTR +1.6%), Target (TGT +1.1%), Wal-Mart (WMT +1.1%), Fred's (FRED +1.1%), and Five Below (FIVE +1.6%) are picking up steam after Dollar General's (DG +2.7%) quarterly reports shows some broad strength across categories.
- Despite the headline miss on U.S. retail sales earlier, the S&P Retail (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 1.12% to outpace the S&P 500.
- Analysts think lower-income consumer spending is gaining momentum based on the most recent reads from discounters such as Dollar General.
- Previously: New buybacks and store growth on tap for Dollar General
Thu, Feb. 19, 10:55 AM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) trades lower after Wal-Mart reports earnings and announces a new wage structure in the U.S.
- A scan of Glassdoor.com indicates Five Below sales associates average $7.95 and cashiers $7.88 vs. the federal minimum of $7.25.
- Shares of the retailer are down 0.70% on the day and stand -20.62% YTD.
Fri, Jan. 9, 12:47 PM
Fri, Jan. 9, 9:10 AM
Thu, Jan. 8, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 5:21 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) -15% AH after saying it sees Q4 results coming in below Wall Street expectations, reflecting softness after Black Friday continuing into Christmas and the post-holiday period.
- FIVE now sees Q4 sales in the range of $262M-$263M vs. prior guidance of $262M-$266M and analyst consensus of $265M, and EPS of $0.59-$0.60 vs.its earlier outlook for $0.59-$0.62 and below $0.61 consensus.
- FIVE says same-store sales rose 3.2% Y/Y for the nine weeks of the quarter through Jan. 3.
Dec. 5, 2014, 12:50 PM
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 4, 2014, 6:48 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) -11.7% AH after its Q3 earnings report included disappointing sales guidance for the current holiday quarter, and naming current COO Joel Anderson as its new CEO.
- FIVE projects Q4 EPS of $0.59-$0.62 vs. $0.63 analyst consensus estimate and revenues of $262M-$266M vs. $268M consensus.
- Anderson replaces CEO and co-founder Tom Vellios, who will become executive chairman; Anderson joined FIVE in July after leaving Wal-Mart, where he ran the retailer’s website.
Dec. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 9:14 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
FIVE vs. ETF Alternatives
Five Below Inc is a specialty retailer offering merchandise for teen and pre-teen customers. Its merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body and among others.
Other News & PR