Tue, Aug. 18, 10:01 AM
Thu, Aug. 13, 10:06 AM
- Flower Foods (FLO +4.5%) trades higher after Q2 results came in stronger than expected.
- The company grew EBITDA by 16% during the quarter off of 2% sales growth.
- Higher volume of branded retail bread sales boosted results in Flower's DSD segment.
- Flower Foods set FY15 EPS guidance at $0.96-$1.01 vs. $0.97 consensus.
- Previously: Flowers Foods beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 12 2015)
Wed, Aug. 12, 11:12 PM
Wed, Aug. 12, 5:16 PM
Tue, Aug. 11, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jul. 7, 9:08 AM
- Hostess Brands, the bakery firm that was pursuing a sale after two years under private-equity ownership, has taken itself off that market and will pursue an IPO instead, Reuters reports.
- The company reportedly turned down offers from other companies and P-E firms that valued it from $2.4B-$2.5B including debt. It'll now seek a new loan to pay a dividend to its owners, Dean Metropoulos and Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO).
- Hostess has turned its business around quickly after filing for bankruptcy three years ago, but its market share is still below pre-bankruptcy levels.
- Brands have been relaunched and profitability has improved since being bought out of bankruptcy.
- Snack rivals: MDLZ, HSY, FLO, OTCPK:GRBMF.
Fri, Jun. 5, 9:52 AM
Thu, May 28, 7:22 AM
- Price/mix added 0.2% of growth during the period.
- Direct-Store-Delivery sales increased 0.3% to $966.16M.
- Warehouse Delivery sales declined 5.7% to $179.88M.
- EBIT margin rate declined 10 bps to 8.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $3.786B to $3.861B; Diluted EPS: $0.96 to $1.01; Capex: $85M to $95M.
Thu, May 28, 7:02 AM
Wed, May 27, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:00 AM
- Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO) and Dean Matropoulus are looking to sell Hostess after only holding the brand for about two years, according to the New York Post.
- Sources indicate at least one buyer is willing to pay the $2B price tag.
- Hostess was sold out of bankruptcy for $410M and now operates under a more cost-efficient structure.
- Analysts think Hostess could be grown to a billion-dollar brand.
- Snack rivals includes Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO), and Grupo Bimbo (OTCPK:GRBMF).
Mon, Mar. 9, 7:37 AM
- Wheat prices took a sharp turn lower last week as traders weighed the large amount of global supply versus a tightening of demand in the U.S.
- Prices have recovered a bit today in front of a Department of Agriculture report, but are expected to see more downward pressure.
- The development should bring some relief for food companies as supplying contracts are reworked.
- Related stocks: SJM, FLO, CAG, POST, CPB, GIS, K, PEP, BUD.
- Related ETF: WEAT.
- Wheat daily price wheat chart.
Fri, Feb. 20, 10:26 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 10:10 AM| Thu, Feb. 12, 10:10 AM | Comment!
Thu, Feb. 12, 7:50 AM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
FLO vs. ETF Alternatives
Flowers Foods Inc is a producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods. It consists of two business segments direct-store-delivery and warehouse delivery. Its brands includeNature's Own,Whitewheat,Wonder Bread,Cobblestone Bread Co.,among others.
Other News & PR