Yesterday, 7:22 AM
- Price/mix added 0.2% of growth during the period.
- Direct-Store-Delivery sales increased 0.3% to $966.16M.
- Warehouse Delivery sales declined 5.7% to $179.88M.
- EBIT margin rate declined 10 bps to 8.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $3.786B to $3.861B; Diluted EPS: $0.96 to $1.01; Capex: $85M to $95M.
Yesterday, 7:02 AM
Wed, May 27, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:00 AM
- Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO) and Dean Matropoulus are looking to sell Hostess after only holding the brand for about two years, according to the New York Post.
- Sources indicate at least one buyer is willing to pay the $2B price tag.
- Hostess was sold out of bankruptcy for $410M and now operates under a more cost-efficient structure.
- Analysts think Hostess could be grown to a billion-dollar brand.
- Snack rivals includes Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO), and Grupo Bimbo (OTCPK:GRBMF).
Mon, Mar. 9, 7:37 AM
- Wheat prices took a sharp turn lower last week as traders weighed the large amount of global supply versus a tightening of demand in the U.S.
- Prices have recovered a bit today in front of a Department of Agriculture report, but are expected to see more downward pressure.
- The development should bring some relief for food companies as supplying contracts are reworked.
- Related stocks: SJM, FLO, CAG, POST, CPB, GIS, K, PEP, BUD.
- Related ETF: WEAT.
- Wheat daily price wheat chart.
Fri, Feb. 20, 10:26 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 10:10 AM| Comment!
Thu, Feb. 12, 7:50 AM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 21, 2014, 10:18 AM
Nov. 21, 2014, 10:17 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:04 AM
- Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) reports a 4.4% drop in volume during Q3.
- Price/mix added 1.1% of growth during the period.
- Lower cake and frozen foodservice demand contributed to the 11.8% decline in warehouse segment sales.
- The company's gross margin rate rose 110 bps to 47.8% as lower input prices and manufacturing improvements factored in.
- Guidance: 2014 sales of $3.75B-$3.77B expected vs. $3.82 consensus and EPS of $0.86-$0.90 vs. $0.93 consensus.
- FLO -2.6% premarket.
Nov. 12, 2014, 6:33 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 3, 2014, 11:16 AM| 2 Comments
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
FLO vs. ETF Alternatives
Flowers Foods Inc is a producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods. It consists of two business segments direct-store-delivery and warehouse delivery. Its brands includeNature's Own,Whitewheat,Wonder Bread,Cobblestone Bread Co.,among others.
Other News & PR