Fri, Apr. 24, 7:00 AM
- Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO) and Dean Matropoulus are looking to sell Hostess after only holding the brand for about two years, according to the New York Post.
- Sources indicate at least one buyer is willing to pay the $2B price tag.
- Hostess was sold out of bankruptcy for $410M and now operates under a more cost-efficient structure.
- Analysts think Hostess could be grown to a billion-dollar brand.
- Snack rivals includes Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO), and Grupo Bimbo (OTCPK:GRBMF).
Feb. 12, 2014, 7:42 AM
Feb. 28, 2013, 5:52 PMFlowers Foods (FLO) confirms it entered a winning $360M stalking horse bid for bankrupt Hostess Brands. The company adds its $30M bid for Hostess' Beefsteak brand was "topped by another bidder." A bankruptcy court will now review the Hostess Brands bid on March 19. (earlier) | Feb. 28, 2013, 5:52 PM | Comment!
Jan. 13, 2013, 4:09 AMFlower Foods (FLO) has agreed to become the "stalking horse" bidder for most of the assets of Hostess Brands' bread operations. Flower has offered up to $360M for names such as Wonder, Butternut and Home Pride, as well as 20 bakeries and 38 depots. In a separate bid, the company has offered $30M for Hostess' Beefsteak bread brand. (PR) | Jan. 13, 2013, 4:09 AM | Comment!
Jan. 6, 2013, 2:45 AMFlowers Foods (FLO) and Mexico's Grupo Bimbo are reportedly set to be the stalking horse bidders for Hostess Brands' bread ops, which the bankrupt company is likely to sell in at least two groups and which could fetch over $350M. Other possible suitors include Wal-Mart (WMT) and Kroger (KR). Wonder Bread, Nature's Pride, Home Pride, Merita and Butternut are among the brands on offer. | Jan. 6, 2013, 2:45 AM | 6 Comments
Nov. 21, 2012, 3:42 AMHostess will again ask bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain to authorize its liquidation after mediation talks with the company's striking bakers' union failed to resolve their differences. Potential suitors for all or part of Hostess' assets include Flowers Foods (FLO), which said on Monday that it has renegotiated lending terms to enable it to borrow additional cash. P-E firm Sun Capital could also be in the mix. | Nov. 21, 2012, 3:42 AM | 2 Comments
FLO vs. ETF Alternatives
Flowers Foods Inc is a producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods. It consists of two business segments direct-store-delivery and warehouse delivery. Its brands includeNature's Own,Whitewheat,Wonder Bread,Cobblestone Bread Co.,among others.
Other News & PR