Tue, Sep. 29, 4:00 PM
- The food sector has been upturned by a DealReporter story indicating that a deal might not be worked out for the private label business of ConAgra. A number of food stocks have a M&A premium built into their share price which has added to volatility over the last few months.
- Post Holdings (POST -10%), Pinnacle Foods (PF -5.2%), Treehouse Foods (THS -2.7%), B&G Foods (BGS -2.1%), Diamond Foods (DMND -2%), and Flower Foods (FLO -2.4%) are all lower on the day.
Thu, May 28, 7:22 AM
- Price/mix added 0.2% of growth during the period.
- Direct-Store-Delivery sales increased 0.3% to $966.16M.
- Warehouse Delivery sales declined 5.7% to $179.88M.
- EBIT margin rate declined 10 bps to 8.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $3.786B to $3.861B; Diluted EPS: $0.96 to $1.01; Capex: $85M to $95M.
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:04 AM
- Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) reports a 4.4% drop in volume during Q3.
- Price/mix added 1.1% of growth during the period.
- Lower cake and frozen foodservice demand contributed to the 11.8% decline in warehouse segment sales.
- The company's gross margin rate rose 110 bps to 47.8% as lower input prices and manufacturing improvements factored in.
- Guidance: 2014 sales of $3.75B-$3.77B expected vs. $3.82 consensus and EPS of $0.86-$0.90 vs. $0.93 consensus.
- FLO -2.6% premarket.
Oct. 3, 2014, 11:16 AM| Oct. 3, 2014, 11:16 AM | 2 Comments
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Aug. 12, 2014, 9:16 AM
Feb. 12, 2014, 10:23 AM
- Investors are looking at Flower Foods (FLO +1.6%) in a different light following Grupo Bimbo's acquisition of Canada Bread for a sweet premium.
- Right away the deal takes away the worry that Flower Foods would try to stretch too far to acquire Canada Bread for itself - while down the road the narrowed field of bread makers in the U.S. could support pricing and give a boost to Flower Foods' profits.
- Shares of FLO cracked $20 for the first time this month off the development.
- A little insider buying never hurts sentiment either. (SEC Form 4)
Dec. 6, 2013, 5:45 PM
Jun. 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:22 PMFlower Foods (FLO +1.7%) continues to trade higher following news of the demise of Hostess Brands. The company is a clear winner from the lack of Hostess products on the shelves of grocery stores and outlets even if the shortage is short-lived with reports out P-E firms are sniffing around the Hostess trash bin. | Nov. 19, 2012, 3:22 PM | 1 Comment
Nov. 16, 2012, 5:40 PM
May 31, 2012, 3:21 PM
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:44 AMFlowers Foods (FLO -4.3%) Q4 earnings fell 27% as higher ingredient costs offset a sales improvement helped by last year's acquisition of Tasty Baking. Results missed estimates, with EPS at $0.17 vs. consensus $0.21; the maker of Nature’s Own, Sunbeam and Blue Bird breads and baked goods also issued a cautious 2012 outlook. | Feb. 10, 2012, 10:44 AM | 1 Comment
Aug. 17, 2011, 10:49 AMFlowers Foods (FLO -8.9%) takes a hit after its Q2 EPS dips 16% on higher-than-anticipated acquisition charges and a decline in sales growth due to rising commodity prices. The baked goods company also cuts FY11 guidance, as increasing packaging and shipping costs cut into margins. | Aug. 17, 2011, 10:49 AM | Comment!
FLO vs. ETF Alternatives
Flowers Foods Inc is a producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods. It consists of two business segments direct-store-delivery and warehouse delivery. Its brands includeNature's Own,Whitewheat,Wonder Bread,Cobblestone Bread Co.,among others.
Other News & PR