Tue, Feb. 17, 4:22 PM
- Fossil (FOSL +0.9%) reports global comparable store sales increased 7.7% in Q4.
- Sales by category: Watches -1%, leathers -2%, jewelry +13%.
- Gross margin rate -60 bps to 56.8% with promotional activity increased.
- Operating margin rate -110 bps to 16.1%.
- Guidance: FY15 sales expected to fall 7.5% to 5.5%. Operating margin seen in 6%-7% range.
- FOSL -13.6% after hours.
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:04 PM
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 9:47 AM
- An earnings miss and weak guidance issued from Ralph Lauren today appears to be clipping shares prices in the global apparel sector.
- The harsh impact of converting international sales back to U.S. dollars was highlighted today by Ralph Lauren's numbers.
- Lifestyle brands are getting hit the hardest.
- Previously: Polo Ralph Lauren misses by $0.09, misses on revenue
- Previously: Ralph Lauren -6.4% as strong dollar whacks results
- Decliners: PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) -4.7%, Sequential Brands (NASDAQ:SQBG) -2.5%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) -1.6%, VF Corp (NYSE:VFC) -1.8%, Perry Ellis (NASDAQ:PERY) -0.9%, G-III Apparel (NASDAQ:GIII) -1.4%, Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) -3.3%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) -1.0%.
Nov. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) reports wholesale revenue was up 10% Y/Y to $678M in Q3.
- Direct to consumer sales rose 11% to $216.5M.
- Gross margin rate -50 bps to 56.9% due to a higher level of promotions in the outlet channel.
- Operating income rate -10 bps to 17.3%.
- Jewelry sales rose 23% Y/Y, while sales of watches were up 12%.
- Guidance: Full year sales growth of 8.5% to 9.5% expected and EPS of $7.00-$7.30 vs. $7.15 consensus.
- FOSL +10.0% AH.
Nov. 11, 2014, 4:12 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 4:07 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 4:03 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
May. 13, 2014, 5:21 PM
- Fossil (FOSL) -5.1% AH after Q1 earnings declined 8.2% Y/Y, as higher operating expenses more than offset sales growth in its watch market.
- Q1 revenues hit the high end of company guidance by jumping 14% to $776.5M, driven by growth in sales of watches and jewelry, but operating expenses climbed 19% to $338.5M; sees continued higher expenses in 2014 and views this year as a transition to investing in infrastructure to investment in areas that will fuel growth.
- Retail same-store sales fell 2.4% Y/Y, as a decline in North America largely was driven by a drop in mall traffic, while direct-to-customer sales rose 18%.
- Issues downside guidance for Q2, seeing EPS of $0.90-$0.97 vs. $1.17 analyst consensus estimate and revenue growth of 8%-9.5% ($762M-$832M) vs. $774M consensus.
- Issues downside guidance for FY 2014, seeing EPS of $6.90-$7.30 vs. $7.22 consensus while reiterating revenue growth guidance of 8%-10% ($3.52B-$3.58B) vs. $3.58B consensus.
May. 13, 2014, 4:24 PM
May. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 4:10 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2013, 4:24 PM
FOSL vs. ETF Alternatives
Fossil Group Inc is a design, marketing and distribution company of consumer fashion accessories. It offers men's and women's fashion watches and jewelry, handbags, small leather goods, belts, sunglasses, soft accessories and select apparel.
Other News & PR