Tue, Mar. 31, 9:59 AM
- A better-than-expected report from Movado is giving a lift to some luxury peers.
- Fossil (FOSL +1%), Coach (COH +0.5%), and Kate Spade (KATE +0.2%) are all higher on a down day in the markets.
- Movado was able to take some measures to mitigate the impact of F/X swings.
- Previously: Movado rips 8% gain after guidance pleases
Fri, Mar. 6, 10:22 AM
- Fossil (FOSL -4.2%) trades lower after hosting an Investor Day event last night.
- The company spent some time outlining its new wearable technology, but was light on details of the anticipated financial impact of the products.
- Telsey Advisory Group walked away from the presentation with a more cautious view on Fossil, lowering its rating to Market Perform from Outperform.
Wed, Feb. 18, 12:51 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 9:15 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 8:37 AM
- Jefferies digs in on Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) after the company set guidance well-below consensus last night.
- The investment firm's Buy rating is maintained and the price target is lowered to $130 from $150.
- Fossil managed to improve its overall Q4 profit from a year ago on lower operating expenses, despite weaker returns from the outlet channel than expected.
- Digital and wearable technology will be priorities in 2015, according to Fossil management.
- "We will leverage our new partnerships (Google and Intel) to advance in the wearable technology space with the goal to launch connected accessories later this year," said CEO Kosta Kartsotis.
- Fossil earnings call transcript
- FOSL -14.42% premarket to $85.07.
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:37 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:22 PM
- Fossil (FOSL +0.9%) reports global comparable store sales increased 7.7% in Q4.
- Sales by category: Watches -1%, leathers -2%, jewelry +13%.
- Gross margin rate -60 bps to 56.8% with promotional activity increased.
- Operating margin rate -110 bps to 16.1%.
- Guidance: FY15 sales expected to fall 7.5% to 5.5%. Operating margin seen in 6%-7% range.
- FOSL -13.6% after hours.
Fri, Jan. 9, 11:04 AM
- Another tough day for luxury retail stocks as more concerns on pricing trends build up.
- Consulting firm Bain isn't helping sentiment, noting the luxury sector in China showed negative growth (-1%) for the first time in 2014. An ongoing crackdown by Beijing on corruption is in the background.
- Michael Kors (KORS -1.7%), Ralph Lauren (RL -2%), Kate Spade (KATE -3.2%), Fossil (FOSL -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2%), and Coach (COH -2.2%) are all under-performing market averages.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:SWGAY, OTCPK:BURBY, EL, RDEN, OTCPK:HESAF, OTCPK:CFRUY, TIF.
- Related ETFs: PEJ.
Nov. 12, 2014, 10:37 AM
- Select high-end retailers are in rally mode after Fossil (FOSL +7.3%) cruises past Q3 estimates.
- The strong demand that Fossil saw for higher-priced items bodes well for the sector, say analysts.
- Advancers: Movado (NYSE:MOV) +1.1%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +1.6%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +1.6%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) +1.1%.
Nov. 12, 2014, 9:18 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:38 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) reports wholesale revenue was up 10% Y/Y to $678M in Q3.
- Direct to consumer sales rose 11% to $216.5M.
- Gross margin rate -50 bps to 56.9% due to a higher level of promotions in the outlet channel.
- Operating income rate -10 bps to 17.3%.
- Jewelry sales rose 23% Y/Y, while sales of watches were up 12%.
- Guidance: Full year sales growth of 8.5% to 9.5% expected and EPS of $7.00-$7.30 vs. $7.15 consensus.
- FOSL +10.0% AH.
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:02 AM
Aug. 12, 2014, 4:07 PM
May. 14, 2014, 9:08 AM
May. 13, 2014, 5:40 PM
FOSL vs. ETF Alternatives
Fossil Group Inc is a design, marketing and distribution company of consumer fashion accessories. It offers men's and women's fashion watches and jewelry, handbags, small leather goods, belts, sunglasses, soft accessories and select apparel.
Other News & PR