Fri, May 22, 9:16 AM
Fri, May 15, 2:59 PM
- Rates for the world’s biggest oil tankers surged to the highest since January as shipments accelerated from Saudi Arabia and Iraq, Bloomberg reports.
- Ships hauling 2M-barrel cargoes of Saudi crude to Japan, a benchmark route, earned ~$81.5K/day, a 13% gain from Thursday and the highest for the time of year since at least 2009.
- Tanker rates rose on 15 out of 16 routes tracked by the Baltic Exchange, led by advances in prices from the Persian Gulf.
- Relevant tickers: FRO, TK, TNK, TOO, TGP, TNP, GLNG, NAT, DHT
Sat, May 9, 11:27 AM
- The broadly-defined shipping sector continues to be volatile over the impact of oil price fluctuations and concerns over carrier/tanker supply along with charter rates.
- The Baltic Dry Index stands at 574 vs. a 52-week trading range of 509 to 1,484.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is down 9.4% over the last 52 weeks, although it trades with smoother peaks and troughs than the underlying stocks in the fund.
- Analysts are convinced that some value picks exist in the sector, although consensus is tricky to find. A few rough screens are listed below (add your own in the comments).
- Best YTD performance: Navios Maritime (NYSE:NAP) +37%, Scorpio Bulkers (NYSE:SALT) +35%, Tsakos Energy (NYSE:TNP) +31%, Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG) +28%.
- Lowest price-to book value: DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) 0.14, Safe Bulkers (NASDAQ:SBLK) 0.32, Scorpio Bulkers 0.33, Navios Maritime Holdings (NYSE:NM) 0.34, GasLog (NYSE:GLOG) 0.39.
- Lowest forward P/E ratio: Danaos (NYSE:DAC) 4.43, Tsakos Energy 7.15, Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA) 7.25, Dorian (NYSE:LPG) 7.43, Dry Ships 7.57.
- Dividend yield: Navios Maritime Partners (NYSE:NMM) 15.2%, Capital Product Partners (NASDAQ:CPLP) 10.8%, Ship Finance International (NYSE:SFL) 10.8%, Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO) 9.7%, Dynagas LNG Partners (NYSE:DLNG) 8.8%.
- Other shipping stocks: PRGN, FRO, NAT, OSK, TNK, FREE, ESEA, TOPS, DSX, SHIP, NM.
Fri, May 8, 9:16 AM| 4 Comments
Thu, Apr. 30, 9:19 AM
Mon, Apr. 13, 9:15 AM
Fri, Feb. 27, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: XIN +20%. CYCC +17%. SREV +16%. BLOX +16%. CYTX +13%. CLNE +12%. MNST +10%. ATOS +10%. SD +9%. SPLK +7%. MEET +6%. ARUN +6%. VIMC +6%. HZNP +6%.
- Losers: CVSL -42%. RESN -28%. MOSY -21%. WTW -18%. TUBE -17%. TBIO -14%. JCP -13%. DRL -13%. GENE -11%. OCN -8%. PBPB -8%. NBG -8%. NVAX -7%. FRO -5%.
Thu, Feb. 26, 12:57 PM
Thu, Feb. 26, 3:38 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Tue, Feb. 24, 9:16 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 12:49 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 9:12 AM
Fri, Jan. 30, 9:12 AM| 4 Comments
Thu, Jan. 29, 12:47 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 9:12 AM
FRO vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR