SA News • Fri, Sep. 5
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Apr 5, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 12, 2013)
Fortis: 13 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares This Month
- 13 insiders purchased the stock within one month.
- The stock was sold by no insiders in the month of intensive purchasing.
- Two of these 13 insiders increased their holdings by more than 10%.
There are no Transcripts on FRTSF.
Fri, Sep. 5, 5:55 PM
- Fortis (OTCPK:FRTSF) is expected to beat out the various liquefied natural gas consortiums considering investments on Canada's west Coast and start supplying LNG to Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) under a 15-year agreement starting mid-2017, subject to regulatory approvals.
- Fortis plans to use its Tilbury Island LNG facility in Delta, B.C., which is in the midst of a $400M expansion to boost output and storage facilities.
- While small, the Hawaii deal underscores the breadth of possibilities and untapped markets for Canadian natural gas, Financial Post reports.
Tue, May. 13, 10:35 AM
Thu, Mar. 13, 9:47 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 4:48 PM
- UNS Energy (UNS) agrees to be acquired by Fortis (FRTSF), Canada's largest investor-owned gas and electric distribution utility, for $60.25/share, a 31% premium to today's closing price.
- The $4.3B deal, which includes the assumption of ~$1.8B in debt, would provide additional capital and new resources for UNS subsidiaries including Tucson Electric Power and UniSource Energy Services.
- Fortis serves more than 2.4M through its electric utilities in five Canadian provinces and two Caribbean countries, a natural gas company in British Columbia, and a gas and electric utility in New York.
- UNS +30.2% AH.
FRTSF vs. ETF Alternatives
Fortis, Inc. holds investments in several electric distribution utilities located in Canada, Belize, and the Cayman Islands. The Company also has subsidiaries involved in electricity generation in New York State and Belize. In addition, Fortis, through its non-utility subsidiary, has investments... More
Other News & PR