Fri, Mar. 13, 6:14 AM
Thu, Jan. 15, 11:56 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM +5.4%) posts strong gains after reporting record annual production of 6.6M oz. of silver and 35.3K oz. of gold, or 8.7M gold equiv. oz., in 2014.
- Silver production represented a 42% Y/Y increase and 10% above company guidance, and gold production was 66% higher than the prior year and 9% above guidance.
- FSM plans to process 700K metric tons of ore at its San Jose mine in Mexico during 2015, with an estimated $56.5M in capital investment.
Dec. 17, 2014, 8:29 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (NYSE:FSM) says it plans to expand its San Jose silver-gold mine in Mexico to 3K tons/day from 2K and construct a dry stack tailings deposit and filter facility at a combined cost of $30M.
- FSM says the two projects will positioning it to increase annual consolidated production to 12M-14M oz. of silver equivalent while maintaining its low cost producer status.
Nov. 11, 2014, 12:45 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 12:18 AM| Comment!
Oct. 10, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 30, 2014, 10:19 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM +1.5%) says it has increased silver in reserves by 26% and silver in inferred resources by 67% at its San Jose Mine in Mexico.
- FSM says reserves were reported for the Trinidad North discovery area for the first time, confirming the potential of the northern extension of the Trinidad deposit, and the open exploration potential to the north and to depth bode well for the future of the San Jose Mine.
Sep. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Aug. 27, 2014, 7:57 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (NYSE:FSM) reports estimated measured and indicated resources for its San Jose mine in Mexico rose 42% in contained silver oz. and 29% in contained gold oz. from the July 4, 2013 resource estimate.
- H1 production totaled nearly 2.1M oz. silver and ~15.5K oz. gold, 10% and 8% above budget, respectively; production guidance for 2014 is for the processing of 683K metric tons of ore averaging 203 g/t of silver and 1.56 g/t of gold, resulting in output of 4M oz. of silver and 30.4K oz. of gold.
Aug. 12, 2014, 6:33 PM| Comment!
Jul. 10, 2014, 8:54 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM) reports Q2 production of 1.6M oz. of silver and 8,519 oz. of gold; for H1, silver and gold production totaled 3.2M and 16,669 oz. respectively, reflecting 53% and 52% of FSM's annual guidance.
- FSM says it is on track to produce 6M oz. of silver and 32.3K oz. of gold, or 7.9M silver equiv. oz. in 2014.
- FSM -1.6% premarket.
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 12, 2014, 9:22 AM
Apr. 14, 2014, 10:14 AM
- Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM +4.5%) reports record quarterly silver and gold output from its San Jose mine in Mexico and Caylloma mine in Peru, saying Q1 silver production jumped 55% Y/Y to ~1.53M oz. and gold production climbed 81% to 8,150 oz., and says costs remained in line with its guidance for the year.
- FSM also says it is on track to produce 6M oz. of silver and 32.3K oz. of gold this year.
Mar. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Mar. 18, 2014, 5:56 PM
- Silver miners have soared YTD, far outgaining the metal's modest ~10% rise so far and even rising more than gold miners, and CIBC analysts say the shares appear to be "pushing valuation limits."
- While some of the strength in silver equities may have come from expectations that silver will outperform gold after underperforming YTD, the firm is not convinced this actually will happen as it sees potentially disappointing industrial demand for silver; investment demand would need to rise significantly to keep the market from moving into a material surplus in 2014 and after.
- Among individual silver mining stocks, the firm downgrades Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM) to Sector Perform from Sector Outperform but raises Pan Am Silver (PAAS) to Sector Perform from Sector Underperform, noting PAAS' strong organic growth potential and its progress in cutting costs and boosting cash flow.
- ETFs: SLV, AGQ, SIL, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, DSLV, SLVP, DBS, SLVO, SILJ, USV
FSM vs. ETF Alternatives
Fortuna Silver Mines Inc is engaged in silver mining and related activities in Latin America, including exploration, extraction, and processing. Its assets include Caylloma silver mine in southern Peru and the San Jose silver-gold mine in Mexico.
Other News & PR