5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on FUE.
There are no News articles on FUE.
FUE vs. ETF Alternatives
MLCX Biofuels ELEMENTS Exchange (Exchange Series)- Traded Notes (ETNs) are intended to provide investors with exposure to the biofuels sector of the global commodity market. The performance of MLCX Biofuels ELEMENTS ETNs is linked to the MLCX Biofuels Index (Exchange Series) – Total Return (MLCX Biofuels Index).
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 7:15 PM
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 7:15 PM| 61 Comments
- The secret, dirty cost of the U.S. ethanol push: The ethanol era has proven far more damaging to the environment than promised and much worse than the government admits today, according to an AP analysis. (also)
- As farmers rushed to find new places to plant corn, they wiped out millions of acres of conservation land, destroyed habitat and polluted water supplies, the report says; 5M acres of land set aside for conservation have vanished on Obama's watch.
- Government mandates to increase ethanol production have helped drive up corn prices, leading to marginal land being farmed to produce the crop; in 2012, 44% of the U.S. corn crop was used for fuel, about twice the rate in 2006.
- Relevant stocks: VLO, ADM, PEIX, BIOF, GPRE, REGI
- ETFs: FUE, IEO, IEX, IYE, PXE, PXI, XES, XLE, XOP, VDE, RYE, FXN, OIH, PXJ, PSCE, ERX, DIG, ERY, DUG, DDG
Friday, Oct 112013, 6:50 PM
Friday, Oct 112013, 6:50 PM| 13 Comments
- The EPA seeks to calm a furor over its apparent proposal to reduce ethanol use in gasoline next year (I, II), saying no final decisions have been made and the Obama administration remains committed to developing biofuels as a part of the plan to reduce U.S. dependence on imported oil.
- Growth Energy, a pro-ethanol group, calls for an investigation of the leak of what it says are unverified draft documents that were still under review.
- Ethanol groups fear any wavering on the use of ethanol could undermine their future, while oil refiners say the law is forcing them to spend billions of dollars to buy ethanol credits and driving up gasoline prices.
- Top ethanol/biofuels stocks: GPRE, REGI, PEIX.
- ETFs: FUE, IEO, IEZ, IYE, PXE, PXI, XES, XLE, XOP, VDE, RYE, FXN, OIH, PXJ, PSCE, ERX, DIG, ERY, DUG, DDG.
Thursday, Oct 102013, 2:57 PM
Thursday, Oct 102013, 2:57 PM| 11 Comments
- Renewable energy firms tumble and oil refiners rise on reports that the EPA is considering scaling back legal requirements on the use of ethanol next year amid complaints from refiners that statutory mandates would exceed their ability to blend it into fuels without putting engines at risk.
- One proposal the agency is considering would mandate 15.22B gallons of renewable fuels in 2014 instead of the 18.15B established by a 2007 law, Bloomberg reports; the agency may call for the use of 13B gallons of conventional corn-based ethanol and 1.28B gallons of biodiesel.
- Oil industry proponents say escalating requirements of ethanol to be added would force them to sell fuel blends exceeding 10% or export gasoline, i.e. "hitting the blend wall."
- Ethanol/biofuels stocks slide: PEIX -5.8%, REGI -3.1%, GPRE -3.5%.
- Earlier: refiners rise.
- ETF: FUE.
Friday, Dec 212012, 11:59 AMBrazil’s government go-ahead for Petrobras (PBR -3.6%) to raise its gasoline prices in early 2013 likely will raise demand for domestically produced sugar-based ethanol, but effects also could reach U.S. shores. Ethanol output in the U.S. is expected fall ~10% next year, and a robust export market could give Brazilian mills even more incentive to produce ethanol instead of sugar. |Friday, Dec 212012, 11:59 AM| 4 Comments
Tuesday, Apr 172012, 9:59 AMBoeing (BA +0.9%) announces that the first 787 to fly partially-powered by biofuels took off from Everett, Washington on its way to Tokyo. Japan's ANA was the carrier for the notable flight that will emit an estimated 30% less CO2 than a run from a comparable airplane. |Tuesday, Apr 172012, 9:59 AM| 3 Comments
Thursday, Mar 222012, 1:15 PMOntario says it will reduce the rates it pays for new projects for solar power by more than 20% and wind power by close to 15% amid falling prices for equipment. The province will keep rates for clean energy projects utilizing water, biogas, biomass and landfill gas at current prices. |Thursday, Mar 222012, 1:15 PM| 1 Comment
Thursday, Feb 22012, 11:22 AMThe EU faces criticism from two environmental groups over its costly biofuel policies aimed at improving at greenhouse gas emissions. Studies released by the organizations say the net effect on the environment is very little change because forests are chopped down to make way for biofuel plantations used for alternative transportation fuels. |Thursday, Feb 22012, 11:22 AM| 4 Comments
Tuesday, Jan 32012, 12:37 PMChris Woodyard suggests last weekend's expiration of a 30-year federal subsidy for ethanol could impact pump prices to the tune of 4.5 cents this week as most gasoline contains 10% ethanol; without the $0.45/gallon subsidy, 4.5 cents have to be eaten somewhere. Unmeasured, however, is the impact of eliminating the $0.54/gallon tariff on ethanol imports. |Tuesday, Jan 32012, 12:37 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Nov 92011, 11:12 AMThough airliners have started to use biofuels on select flights (I, II), execs say production isn't quite at scale to make the greener fuel alternative price competitive. For now the flights are more symbolic than cost-savers notes Alaska Airlines' (ALK -1.1%) Megan Lawrence: "We believe it is important to highlight our interest to show the biofuel industry there is demand." |Wednesday, Nov 92011, 11:12 AM| 5 Comments
Monday, Nov 72011, 2:21 PMAlaska Airlines (ALK +1.1%) joins UAL (previous) in flying commercial service in the U.S. utilizing biofuels with maiden voyages from Seattle to Washington D.C. and Portland. The companys says it will ramp up the number of flights over the next few weeks that use the 20% blend of sustainable biofuel made from used cooking oil. |Monday, Nov 72011, 2:21 PM| 1 Comment
Monday, Nov 72011, 2:13 PMMajor airline carriers plan to start using biofuels this week for the first time, led off by United Airlines' (UAL +1.1%) Houston to Chicago flight flown by its Continental Airlines subsidiary that it calls the first to use a "sustainable, advanced biofuel and traditional petroleum-derived jet fuel." |Monday, Nov 72011, 2:13 PM| 6 Comments
Tuesday, Aug 232011, 7:19 AMThe government will ask the aerospace industry for ideas on how to spend $510M in funding for aviation biofuels. The White House says it is looking for a "one-to-one match" with the private sector, as it aims to find the right domestic plants to be pioneers for development in the commercial industry. |Tuesday, Aug 232011, 7:19 AM| 3 Comments
Tuesday, Aug 22011, 9:05 AMIowa State's Ellwyn Taylor says weather issues could lead to a smaller-than-expected corn crop - closer to last year's 153 bu/acre vs. the USDA forecast of 158. Though at elevated prices, corn has been held somewhat in check by hopes for a bumper crop. CORN +18.5% YTD. |Tuesday, Aug 22011, 9:05 AM| 1 Comment
Thursday, Jul 72011, 11:07 AMShares of Solazyme (SZYM +0.8%) trade higher a day after Goldman initiates as a Buy with a $31 price target. The firm's cutting-edge algae-based oil is drawing notice from an airline industry looking at biofuels after commercial airlines received the go-ahead from regulators to use organic fuel mixes. |Thursday, Jul 72011, 11:07 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Jun 162011, 2:55 PM
Tuesday, Jun 142011, 3:51 PMMaybe tipping where the true power in the country lies, the Senate easily votes against a measure that would eliminate a tax break and tariff supporting domestic ethanol production. "No other product I know of has the triple crown of government support that corn ethanol has in this country," says Senator Feinstein. |Tuesday, Jun 142011, 3:51 PM| 22 Comments
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.