- Cedar Fair is currently near its 52-week low while its annual distribution is now above 6% making the MLP attractive to current and new shareholders.
- In 2014, Cedar Fair has seen record revenues while attendance continues to drop on a YoY basis.
- Given Cedar Fair's debt-to-adjusted EBITDA ratio and its overall growing debt, the company's distribution is unsustainable.
- Aging properties, poor hotel occupancy trends, and economic trends like declining U.S. median household incomes also hurt Cedar Fair in both the short-term and long-term.
- Q3 2014 earnings are out November 6, 2014 and will show how Cedar Fair did during peak vacation months of July and August.