Wed, Apr. 29, 8:01 AM
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) reports admissions revenue rose 19.5% to $22.78M in Q1.
- It's a quiet period for the company with Knots Berry Farm the only theme park in operation for the whole three months.
- Cedar Fair sets a new target to reach +$500M in adjusted EBITDA by 2018.
- Previously: Cedar Fair misses by $0.22, beats on revenue
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:53 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Mon, Apr. 27, 9:34 AM
- Goldman Sachs adjusts its rating on SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +4.9%) to Buy from Neutral and boosts its price target to $26 from $18.
- Trends at the beat-up theme park are finally turning around, tips GS.
- The investment firm also increased its price target on Buy-rated Cedar Fair (FUN +0.1%) to $65 from $59.
- Six Flags (SIX -1.6%) is taken down to Neutral from Buy on a valuation call following the stock's +18% YTD run.
Fri, Mar. 20, 10:33 AM
- Shares of Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) are up 1.5% on the day and are now 7.2% higher over the last three sessions.
- The company is in a quiet period with many of its parks closed making the share price jump notable.
- The stock trades with a 5.11% yield which may have attracted some income investors with the downturn in mid-term Treasury rates this week.
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:35 AM
- Cedar Fair (FUN +1.9%) and Six Flags (SIX +1.6%) are higher as Disney's annual meeting puts a spotlight back on theme park pricing.
- Analysts see some room for the operators to boost prices on their end or become less promotional with Disney taking an aggressive stance.
- Shares of SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS -0.1%) are sitting out the theme park rally.
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:04 PM
Mon, Feb. 23, 1:24 PM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +1.9%), SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +1.1%), and Cedar Fair (FUN +2%) rally after Disney announces a price hike at its parks.
- Industry analysts think the companies will slide in with their own rate increases.
- Previously: Disney raises park ticket prices; Magic Kingdom now $105/day
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:01 AM
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) reports full-year results after a quiet Q4 for the amusement park operator.
- Revenue +2% to $1.16B.
- Adjusted EBITDA +1% to $431M.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin -30 bps to 37.2%.
- In-park guest per capita spending +3% to $45.54.
- Attendance -1% to 23.3M visitors (flat on a comp basis).
- Operating expenses +4% to $748M.
Thu, Feb. 19, 7:47 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| 7 Comments
Tue, Jan. 6, 4:16 PM
- GasBuddy.com projects gas prices will average $2.64 per gallon in 2015.
- Most economists see a boost in U.S. retail spending from the gas savings with the exception of regions highly dependent upon the energy industry.
- While some Q4 reports from restaurant chains and retailers may show a marginal lift in sales due to the drop in gas prices, insiders think quantifying the impact will be more art than science.
- The following sub-sectors have been tapped by analysts as potential under-the-radar beneficiaries of the gas price effect.
- C-stores:KR, CASY, PTRY, OTCPK:ANCUF, CST, MUSA.
- Theme parks: SIX, FUN, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
- Beverages: KO, PEP, COT, DPS, BUD, SAM, BREW, TAP, MNST.
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Theme park operators see the need to dramatically increase the use of videogame experiences at their parks in order to entice teenagers away from their Xbox and PlayStation environments.
- The concept of "immersion" will be added to many rides with 3-D backdrops, animatronics, and more chances to blast zombies.
- Related stocks: SIX, FUN, SEAS, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:08 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Theme park stocks slide lower than market averages after a single case of Ebola in Dallas creates a talking point.
- Plenty of traders think the dip is providing a good entry point for names in the group off what they consider undue anxiety.
- Decliners: Disney (NYSE:DIS) -1.1%, Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) -0.6%, Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) -0.8%, SeaWorld (NYSE:SEAS) -1.1%.
FUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR