Tue, Jan. 6, 4:16 PM
- GasBuddy.com projects gas prices will average $2.64 per gallon in 2015.
- Most economists see a boost in U.S. retail spending from the gas savings with the exception of regions highly dependent upon the energy industry.
- While some Q4 reports from restaurant chains and retailers may show a marginal lift in sales due to the drop in gas prices, insiders think quantifying the impact will be more art than science.
- The following sub-sectors have been tapped by analysts as potential under-the-radar beneficiaries of the gas price effect.
- C-stores:KR, CASY, PTRY, OTCPK:ANCUF, CST, MUSA.
- Theme parks: SIX, FUN, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
- Beverages: KO, PEP, COT, DPS, BUD, SAM, BREW, TAP, MNST.
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Theme park operators see the need to dramatically increase the use of videogame experiences at their parks in order to entice teenagers away from their Xbox and PlayStation environments.
- The concept of "immersion" will be added to many rides with 3-D backdrops, animatronics, and more chances to blast zombies.
- Related stocks: SIX, FUN, SEAS, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:08 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Theme park stocks slide lower than market averages after a single case of Ebola in Dallas creates a talking point.
- Plenty of traders think the dip is providing a good entry point for names in the group off what they consider undue anxiety.
- Decliners: Disney (NYSE:DIS) -1.1%, Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) -0.6%, Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) -0.8%, SeaWorld (NYSE:SEAS) -1.1%.
Sep. 5, 2014, 10:09 AM
- A day after Cedar Fair (FUN +0.7%) lowered its FY 2014 outlook, FBR Capital sees the announcement following a disappointing summer as sealing a slightly light year, and lowers its stock target price to $60 from $70 (Briefing.com).
- Weather around the Great Lakes region apparently kept people away from Cedar Point at Lake Erie and Canada's Wonderland in Toronto, while FUN parks elsewhere in the U.S. fared better.
- FUN's YTD net revenues are up 1% Y/Y, as a 3% ($1.44) rise in average in-park guest per capita spending was offset somewhat by a 1% (266K) decrease in attendance and a $3M decrease in out-of-park revenues, including resort accommodations.
- FUN now sees 2014 sees adjusted EBITDA of $425M-$435M on revenues of $1.15B-$1.17B, down from prior guidance of $435M-$445M EBITDA and $1.16B-$1.18B revenues.
Aug. 5, 2014, 3:55 PM| Comment!
Aug. 5, 2014, 8:26 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
Jun. 9, 2014, 8:29 AM
- A water main break in the city of Sandusky, Ohio forced Cedar Fair (FUN) to close its amusement park in the region until today.
- The Cedar Point amusement park and three hotels on the property were closed during an early summer weekend that typically brings in strong traffic.
- The company hasn't disclosed what the financial impact will be of the weekend closure.
Jun. 2, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Shares of Cedar Fair (FUN) are on watch after the theme park operator is lined up by Barron's as a stock that could appreciate by 20% in the next year.
- The company's proven track record of growing EBITDA will get an extra boost this year from higher attendance tallies and increased guest spending, predict analysts.
- A dividend yield of 5.38% makes Cedar Fair an income source along with all the growth potential.
- FUN +0.4% premarket
May. 29, 2014, 9:49 AM| Comment!
May. 8, 2014, 8:15 AM
May. 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AEE, AES, AGO, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, APA, APO, BBEP, BCRX, BDBD, BITA, BPI, CAJ, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CECO, CRIS, CRNT, CSTE, CVC, DF, DISH, DNDN, FLY, FSYS, FUN, FXCM, GBDC, GLP, GOLD, GTN, GTXI, HCN, HII, HIMX, HSC, ICE, IRC, JASO, KEM, KERX, LIOX, LNCE, LPI, LPX, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MGA, MMS, MNK, MPEL, NICE, NPSP, NXST, NXTM, ONE, PCLN, PCP, PKD, POZN, PRFT, REGN, RGEN, RSTI, SKYW, SNI, SPH, SRPT, STE, SUNE, TDC, THS, VC, VITC, VNDA, VRX, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV.
Feb. 20, 2014, 8:11 AM| Comment!
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
FUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR