Wed, Jul. 22, 12:45 PM
Tue, Jun. 23, 6:07 PM
- NiSource spinoff Columbia Pipeline Group (CPGX) is taking Allegeheny Technologies' (NYSE:ATI) spot in the S&P 500. Allegheny will join the S&P MidCap 400.
- Also joining the S&P 400: Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Graham Holdings spinoff Cable One, DuPont spinoff Chemours, and the post-spinoff Energizer (NYSE:ENR).
- Getting dropped to the S&P SmallCap 600 from the 400: Unit Corp. (NYSE:UNT), Harsco (NYSE:HSC), and Semtech (NASDAQ:SMTC).
- Also joining the S&P 600: Nektar (NASDAQ:NKTR), Masco spinoff TopBuild, and the new/post-spinoff Gannett (NYSE:GCI). Gannett's broadcast/digital spinoff Tegna (Pending:TGNA) will have old Gannett's spot in the S&P 500.
- Getting dropped from the S&P 600, and not moving up: Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), Paragon Offshore (NYSE:PGN), PetroQuest (NYSE:PQ), Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK), and FXCM.
- Leaving the S&P 400, and not moving elsewhere: Peabody (NYSE:BTU) and AOL (acquired by Verizon).
- ATI -1% AH. UNT -0.7%. ARO -1.1%. PQ -1.9%. BTU -1.1%. NKTR +5.2%.
- Press Release (.pdf)
Tue, May 26, 12:48 PM
Fri, May 22, 3:19 PM
- FXCM (FXCM -6.9%) will assume the vast majority of margin forex accounts of CitiFX Pro, which traded over $30B on average per month in 2014. The transfer will take place after the close of trade on June 26.
- The stock's sharp decline today looks to be the continuation of a trend rather than having anything to do with this news (FXCM likely got a pretty decent deal).
- SEC Form 8-K
Mon, May 11, 9:22 AM
Fri, May 8, 5:40 PM
Fri, Apr. 17, 5:36 PM
Thu, Apr. 2, 9:13 AM
Thu, Apr. 2, 8:36 AM
- The payment was partly funded by the sale last week of FXCM Japan. FXCM has now repaid $66M, bringing its loan balance down to $244M.
- By repaying more than $60M prior to April 16, FXCM has avoided having to pay a contingent financing fee of $30M. The company anticipates paying back another $12M in the coming weeks.
- Source: Press Release
- Shares +6.1% premarket.
Wed, Mar. 25, 9:11 AM
Wed, Mar. 25, 8:11 AM
Fri, Mar. 20, 9:17 AM
- Updating its negative balance policy, FXCM now offers customers protection for the first $50K of losses over a 24-hour period. Clients will be responsible for losses above that amount, no matter the market conditions.
- The company was nearly wiped out after clients lost hundreds of millions overnight when the SNB cut the euro loose from the franc.
- Shares +3.4% premarket
- Source: WSJ
Wed, Mar. 18, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 16, 9:14 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 7:41 AM
- A couple on the sell-side are using Friday's post-earnings rocket launch in FXCM to urge clients to get out or get short.
- KBW downgrades to Underperform and Credit Suisse reiterates its Underperform rating and cuts the price target to $2.60.
- Shares -5% premarket
- Previously: FXCM soars post-earnings (March 13)
Fri, Mar. 13, 12:45 PM
FXCM vs. ETF Alternatives
FXCM Inc is an online provider of foreign exchange trading and related services to retail and institutional customers. It offers its customers the ability to trade contract for differences, spread betting, equities and equity options.
Other News & PR