There are no Focus articles on FYFFF.
There are no Transcripts on FYFFF.
at CNBC.com (Fri, 7:55AM)
at CNBC.com (Aug 12, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 11, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jul 24, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 13, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 12, 2014)
Sun, Aug. 17, 10:00 AM
- Following the rejection of their unsolicited $625M bid this past week, Cutrale and Safra Group have now filed preliminary proxy materials aimed at a hostile takeover of Chiquita Brands (NYSE:CQB).
- The companies are asking Chiquita shareholders to vote against its planned merger with Irish tropical fruit company Fyffes (OTC:FYFFF) and adjourn a special shareholder meeting set for Sept. 17.
Mon, Mar. 10, 6:46 AM
- Fruit distributor Chiquita Brands (CQB) has agreed to acquire Irish peer Fyffes (FYFFF) for $526M in an all-stock deal that will create the world's largest banana supplier.
- Chiquita shareholders will own 50.7% of the combined company, to be called ChiquitaFyffes, while Fyffes shareholders will receive the rest.
- The merged entity would have annual revenues of $4.6B.
- The transaction will help Chiquita lower its tax revenue, as the combined firm will be domiciled in Ireland.
- However, the deal could spark antitrust fears, as four multinationals - including Chiquita and Fyffes - control 80% of the world's banana market. (PR)
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
FYFFF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR