GlobeNewswire (Wed, 7:05AM)
GlobeNewswire (Nov 26, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Nov 6, 2013)
Galena Biopharma Announces Oral Presentation at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2013GlobeNewswire (Oct 7, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Oct 4, 2013)
Galena Biopharma Launches Abstral(R) (fentanyl) Sublingual Tablets for the Treatment of Breakthrough Cancer PainGlobeNewswire (Oct 3, 2013)
Galena Biopharma Announces Closing of Over-Allotment Option, Increasing Total Gross Proceeds to $40 MillionGlobeNewswire (Sep 23, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 23, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 18, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 13, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 12, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 4, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Sep 3, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Aug 21, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Aug 8, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Jul 2, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (Jun 3, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (May 30, 2013)
GlobeNewswire (May 23, 2013)
Galena Biopharma, Inc. (Nasdaq:GALE) is a Portland, Oregon-based biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative, targeted oncology treatments that address major unmet medical needs to advance cancer care. For more information please visit us at www.galenabiopharma.com. More
Monday, Dec 211:31 AMGalena rallies, article calls pipeline "rich"
Monday, Dec 211:31 AM| 3 Comments
- Shares of Galena Biopharma (GALE +8%) are trading sharply higher.
- Perhaps helping to tip sentiment is SA contributor Stock Investor, who is upbeat on NeuVax, calling the outlook for the breast cancer vaccine "tremendous."
- The author also thinks "the launch of Abstral in the U.S. will help to fund the GALE pipeline and could have the potential to be a large revenue generator."
Tuesday, Nov 2612:48 PMHealthcare upgrades, downgrades, and initiations for Tuesday
Tuesday, Nov 2612:48 PM| 1 Comment
- Galena Biopharma (GALE +6.8%) initiated at Outperform at Oppenheimer. Price target is $6.
- Veracyte (VCYT +7%) started at Outperform at Leerink (PT $17), William Blair, and Cowen (PT $16).
- Surgical Care Affiliates (SCAI +2.8%) initiated at Buy at BofA. Price target is $34. Yesterday: Goldman starts SCAI at Neutral.
- Heartware (HTWR +2.3%) started at Buy at CRT Capital. Price target is $109.
- Mallinckrodt (MNK +2%) initiated at Buy at Jefferies. Price target is $60.
- Harvard Bioscience (HBIO +4.4%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sidoti.
- Forest Labs (FRX +1.1%) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at Piper. Price target hiked to $49 from $33.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII +0.9%) cut to Hold at Benchmark. Price target is $35.
Tuesday, Nov 2610:24 AMGalena Biopharma jumps on Oppenheimer initiation seeing 63% upside
Tuesday, Nov 2610:24 AM| Comment!
- Shares of Galena Biopharma (GALE +9%) jump after Oppenheimer initiates the oncology-focused biotech at Outperform with a PT of $6.
- The firm's target implies an upside of 63% from yesterday's close.
- Analyst Boris Peaker thinks shares could reach $6 in the next 12-18 months. NeuVax's reported Phase I and II data is "encouraging," as is the ~$5B global commercial opportunity for the drug.
- Peaker places a $6 valuation on NeuVax alone and sees Abstral's "good traction in the initial stages of launch" as added value, given that "it is a competitive fentanyl formulation and will find a clear niche in the market."
Friday, Nov 2211:01 AMCelldex, Galena look to close week with big gains
Friday, Nov 2211:01 AM| 4 Comments
- Shares of Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX +6.1%) are moving sharply higher in morning trading.
- Helping the cause is SA contributor Smith on Stocks, who thinks a conference call set for Monday morning may provide "new insights into rindopepimut and perhaps cancer vaccines overall."
- The shares are up 12% this week.
- Another biotech set to lock in a solid gain for the week is Galena Biopharma (GALE +8.6%) which, with today's move, is up ~25% since Monday.
Wednesday, Nov 1310:37 AMGalena Biopharma rallies on heavy volume
Wednesday, Nov 1310:37 AM| 7 Comments
- Galena Biopharma (GALE +7.8%) posts sizable gains in morning trading.
- Volume is already more than double the 10-day average.
- The company announced Phase 1 FBP vaccine data on Monday.
- With today's gains, GALE is up handsomely since SA contributor Regarded Solutions said the shares had "significant upside potential" back on June 19.
Monday, Nov 119:44 AMGalena Biopharma announces the presentation of Phase 1 FBP vaccine data
Monday, Nov 119:44 AM| 1 Comment
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) says data presented at SITC show the FBP vaccine is "safe and immunogenic."
- The folate receptor alpha-derived, peptide-based cancer immunotherapy was "administered to HLA A2 positive patients ... as an adjuvant treatment to prevent recurrences in high-risk, endometrial and ovarian cancer patients rendered disease-free after completing standard of care therapy."
- Although the trial was not powered for efficacy, the company notes that after six-months, "there have been two recurrences in the vaccine group vs. four recurrences in the control group."
- GALE says it plans to initiate a Phase 2a trial in Q4. (PR)
Thursday, Oct 39:15 AM
Thursday, Oct 38:10 AMGalena Biopharma launches Abstral|Thursday, Oct 38:10 AM| Comment!
Monday, Sep 3010:22 AMGalena Biopharma jumps amid Abstral, NeuVax anticipation
Monday, Sep 3010:22 AM| 1 Comment
- Galena Biopharma (GALE +8.4%) is enjoying a strong session.
- Possibly helping the cause are several generally bullish articles published over the weekend by SA contributors Stock Whisper, Dutch Trader, and Fusion Research.
- While optimism surrounding Abstral and NeuVax is running high, investors weren't pleased with the company's recent offering.
Friday, Sep 1312:59 PMMidday Gainers / Losers|Friday, Sep 1312:59 PM| Comment!
Friday, Sep 1310:43 AMGalena prices offering, shares plunge
Friday, Sep 1310:43 AM| 1 Comment
- Galena Biopharma (GALE -16.4%) craters after announcing a public offering of common stock and warrants Thursday evening.
- The company priced the offering at $2/unit Friday.
- The units comprise one share of common and a warrant to buy 0.35 of a share at $2.50/share.
- There's also an underwriter option for another 2.6M shares of common and/or warrants for ~919K shares. (PR)
Friday, Sep 139:12 AM
Thursday, Sep 124:31 PMGalena announces public offering, shares slide|Thursday, Sep 124:31 PM| 7 Comments
Tuesday, Sep 32:20 PMGalena Biopharma launches a cancer patient registry studyGalena Biopharma (GALE +3%) gains today after saying it's started a cancer patient registry study to be known as RELIEF: Rapid Evaluation of Lifestyle, Independence, and Elimination of breakthrough cancer pain with Freedom from oral discomfort through the use of Abstral Sublingual Tablets. RELIEF is a post-marketing multi-center trial to assess its Abstral medication for breakthrough cancer pain in opioid-tolerant cancer patients. |Tuesday, Sep 32:20 PM| Comment!
Friday, Aug 232:17 PMGalena, Prana post big gains
Friday, Aug 232:17 PM| 5 Comments
- Galena Biopharma (GALE +7.8%) continues to run and with today's gains the shares are up ~22% this week. On Wednesday the company said it was notified of the EU's intention to grant a pharmaceutical use patent for "NeuVax as a vaccine for the prevention of relapse in breast cancer patients."
- SA contributors Dutch Trader and Stock Whisper both had good things to say about NeuVax in articles published Thursday.
- Prana Biotechnology (PRAN +21%) soars on more than three times its 10-day average volume. The shares are now up some 37% since Wednesday.
Wednesday, Aug 219:14 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.