Wed, Mar. 25, 9:48 AM
- AGL Resources (GAS +1.2%) opens higher after raising its 2015 earnings outlook, as demand was helped by colder than normal weather across its distribution and retail businesses in January and February, as well as stronger than expected results at its wholesale business.
- For the year, AGL raises its EPS estimate, excluding its wholesale business, to $2.70-$2.80 from its previous estimate of $2.65-$2.75; including the wholesale business, AGL lifts its EPS outlook to $2.85-$3.10 from its previous view for $2.70-$2.90.
Thu, Feb. 12, 7:21 PM
- Stocks "take the stairs up and the elevator down," and the recent performance of the utilities sector is a prime example.
- In just two weeks, the sector's fortunes have reversed and has given up nearly all of its outperformance vs. the S&P 500; the Utilities Sector ETF set an all-time intraday high on Jan. 28, coinciding with the trough in Treasury yields; rising yields since the end of January have killed the allure of a 3% dividend yield on the Utility Sector ETF.
- Even today, as the market moved broadly higher, utilities fell; AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS) and Northeast Utilities (NYSE:NU) were two of the major laggards.
- ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, RYU, FUTY, UPW, PUI, FXU, SDP, PSCU
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:51 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AEM, AMAT, AMBR, AUY, BIDU, CAKE, CJES, CPA, CRAY, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CVA, CXW, CYS, DDR, DIOD, EFC, EFX, EXL, FET, FEYE, FORR, GAS, HIVE, HNI, HOS, IO, ITRI, LPSN, MET, NSIT, NTAP, NTWK, NU, NVDA, OII, PNRA, PPC, QDEL, REG, SCSS, SKX, SLF, SPRT, STMP, SWM, TAL, TCX, TRIP, TSLA, TSO, TTGT, WFM, ZEN, ZU
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:00 AM
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AMRS, ATVI, AWAY, AXLL, BIO, BIOL, BIRT, CALD, CBSO, CDXS, CERS, CHUY, CKEC, COHR, CORT, COUP, CRTO, CSU, DOX, DVN, ENPH, EXAM, EXEL, FANG, FEYE, FOXA, FRGI, GAS, GHDX, HR, ITRI, IVR, JAZZ, JIVE, JKHY, JMBA, KAR, MITT, MOSY, MPO, MYGN, NP, NRP, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PACD, PAYC, PBPB, PCYC, PEGA, PHH, PRI, PXD, PZZA, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, SBAC, SN, SPA, SQNM, TMH, TNET, TRIP, TTGT, TWO, TWOU, TX, UIL, WPX, XEC, XNPT, ZAGG, ZU
Oct. 31, 2014, 2:57 PM
- Dominion (D -1%) submits a request to the FERC to begin an environmental review of the proposed $4.5B-$5B Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- JV partners Dominion, Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE:PNY) and AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS) plan to build and own the pipeline, which would supply North Carolina and Virginia with 1.5B cf/day of natural gas from the Marcellus and Utica shale basins of West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Dominion earlier reported Q3 earnings that came in below expectations and revenues fell 11% Y/Y, as the utility said its service territory experienced one of the mildest summers in the last 30 years.
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:58 PM
- Spectra Energy Partners (SEP, SE) says it is joining the development of the PennEast Pipeline, which is expected to transport natural gas from the Marcellus Shale to Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Spectra joins AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), NJ Resources (NYSE:NJR), Public Service's (NYSE:PEG) PSEG Power, South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI), and UGI; Spectra and PSEG Power will own 10% stakes in PennEast, while the others will own 20%.
Oct. 23, 2014, 8:44 AM
- AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS) says it is postponing its Q3 earnings release, as it conducts an accounting review primarily related to the timing of non-cash revenue recognition associated with its Georgia infrastructure replacement programs.
- Management currently expects a reduction to previously reported diluted EPS from continuing operations of ~3% for the first six months of 2014, but expects no impact to operating cash flow, capex plans or dividend payments.
Sep. 18, 2014, 12:23 PM
- Public Service Enterprise (PEG -0.72%) is joining the PennEast pipeline project to develop a 100-mile pipeline from Pennsylvania to New Jersey that will transport lower cost natural gas to homes and businesses.
- The pipeline, projected to go into service in 2017, will transport up to 1B cf/day of natural gas and is expected to cost at least $1B.
- PEG will own a 12% interest in PennEast; the other four pipeline partners - AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR), South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI) and UGI - each will own 22% stakes.
Sep. 2, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Dominion Resources (D +0.6%), Duke Energy (DUK -0.1%), Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY +0.4%) and AGL Resources (GAS -0.1%) say they plan to form a joint venture to build the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline, which would funnel natural gas from West Virginia to North Carolina.
- The $4.5B-$5B, 550-mile natural gas pipeline would deliver natural gas supplies to markets in Virginia and North Carolina, and is expected to be in service by late 2018.
- Dominion would build and operate the Atlantic Coast Pipeline on behalf of the venture, and would own a 45% stake; DUK would hold 40%, PNY would have a 10% stake, and GAS would own 5%.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates of all four JV partners plan to be customers of the pipeline under 20-year contracts, while PSNC Energy also plans to be a customer under a 20-year contract.
Aug. 12, 2014, 8:52 AM
- PennEast Pipeline announces plans to construct a $1B, 100-mile pipeline intended to bring natural gas from the Marcellus Shale region to the equivalent of 4.7M homes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- The proposed pipeline is expected to help reduce natural gas price volatility for its customers.
- PennEast is a joint project of AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR), South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI) and UGI.
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:58 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
GAS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR