Apr. 10, 2014, 3:21 PM
- The latest data from Invesco (IVZ -2.1%) suggests U.K.-related attrition is manageable and no major increase in retail redemptions have taken place, says Citi's William Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $47 price target.
- At Artisan Partners Asset Mangement (APAM -8.1%), however, inflows appear to have disappeared, leaving the firm with small outflows. "We suspect the acceleration in U.S. Value outflows may be related to a lumpy mandate loss while we are encouraged by the initial disclosure of assets for High Yield," says Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $72 price target.
- Taken together, and adding in figures from Franklin Resources (BEN -2.2%), "point(s) to uninspiring equities flows, which likely suggest tough(er) flow backdrop for the industry at large." Standing out, says Katz, may be Waddell & Reed (WDR -3.7%) which announced $3.5B in inflows QTD back in early March.
- Others: Gamco Investors (GBL -3.1%), Calamos (CLMS -0.6%), Janus (JNS -2.5%), T. Rowe Price (TROW -2.2%), AllianceBernstein (AB -1.9%), Affiliated Managers (AMG -5%), Federated Investors (FII -1.5%).
Mar. 4, 2014, 4:47 PM
- A number of asset manager names were big movers to the upside today, none more than Calamos Asset Management (CLMS +11.1%) which shot higher on about 4x its normal volume. There was a minor insider buy - Chairman and CEO John Calamos buying about $250K worth yesterday - but other than that no evident news.
- Others: WisdomTree (WETF +5.1%), Gamco (GBL +9.3%), Janus (JNS +4.1%), Federated (FII +4.1%), Artisan Partners (APAM +4.5%), Cohen & Streers (CNS +2.8%).
Oct. 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
GBL vs. ETF Alternatives
GAMCO Investors, Inc is a provider of investment advisory services. It provides services to mutual funds, institutional and private wealth management investors, and investment partnerships, mainly in the United States.
Other News & PR