Thu, Jan. 8, 2:15 PM
- The Pentagon will request ~$51B in war funding for the next fiscal year starting Oct. 1, 20% less than the $64B Congress approved this year and the lowest since the 2001 terrorist attacks, Bloomberg reports.
- The Overseas Contingency Operations funding will be sent to Congress in addition to basic defense spending of ~$534B when Pres. Obama offers his proposed FY 2016 federal budget on Feb. 2, according to unnamed government officials and congressional aides.
- Related stocks: BA, NOC, LLL, LMT, GD, RTN, FLIR, KTOS, COL.
Dec. 23, 2014, 3:52 PM
- General Dynamics (GD) Land Systems has been awarded a $99.7M follow-on contract for the procurement and production of M1A2 Abrams tanks for Saudi Arabia.
- This contract extends work started in 2008 to update M1A1 and M1A2 tanks to the M1A2S configuration, which increases the efficiency and capability of the tank.
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:40 AM
- General Dynamics' (GD +0.8%) Nassco subsidiary will design and construct a mobile landing platform afloat forward staging base for the U.S. Navy under a $498M contract.
- The base is a flexible platform and a key element in the Navy's large-scale airborne mine countermeasures mission.
- Source: Press Release (Dec. 22 2014)
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:39 AM| Comment!
Dec. 9, 2014, 10:19 AM
- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics (GD -1.2%) Electric Boat a $44.5M contract modification to provide a wide range of overhaul, repair and modernization services in support of nuclear submarines, floating dry-docks and other platforms at the Groton Naval Submarine Base.
- The contract was first awarded in December 2012 and has a potential value of $222.3M over five years.
Dec. 3, 2014, 2:05 PM
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +1%) are partnering to pursue the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun System solicitation to replace the M9 standard Army sidearm.
- The two intend to submit a Modular Handgun System based on the latter's M&P Polymer Pistol platform.
- The M&P pistol has been in production since 2005 and is used by the U.S. and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Nov. 19, 2014, 10:46 AM
- General Dynamics (GD -0.5%) has entered into an agreement with Advanced Material Engineering, a subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Kinetics (OTCPK:SGGKY), to manufacture 40mm Air Burst Ammunition for the U.S. military.
- Vastly different than conventional ammunition, the 40mm airburst uses time-based fuse technology to compute and program the detonation time and fire at an intended target.
- 40mm ammunition can be fired from existing U.S. Army grenade launchers such as the Mk19 and MK47.
Nov. 13, 2014, 10:40 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +1.3%) has been awarded a C$287M contract from the Government of Canada for an enhanced surveillance suite to go on Canadian LAV III Upgrade vehicles, known as LAV 6.0.
- The upgraded surveillance system will include a 10-meter retractable mast, an Operator Control Station and a surveillance suite inclusive of radar, thermal/day and image intensification sights, laser range finder and GPS mounted on a stabilized platform.
- Deliveries of LAV 6.0 vehicles equipped with the upgraded surveillance suite will commence in December 2016.
Nov. 7, 2014, 7:47 AM
- A Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) team including General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) has secured an initial deal consolidating oversight of rocket facilities at Cape Canaveral in Florida and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California in a contract expected to be worth as much as $2B over 10 years.
- The team will support the launch, testing and tracking of military and commercial rocket launches.
- RTN +0.6%; GD +0.2% premarket
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:41 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:09 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 8:22 AM
- LMI Aerospace (NASDAQ:LMIA) has secured contracts to supply both bonded fuselage panels and numerous detail parts for the recently announced business jets of General Dynamics' (NYSE:GD) subsidiary, Gulfstream Aerospace.
- The multi-year contracts are expected to yield significant revenue for the company.
- To accommodate the new work, LMI has added 60K sq.ft. to its Tulsa, Oklahoma, facility for processing, machining and assembly.
Sep. 18, 2014, 10:19 AM
- General Dynamics' (GD +0.6%) Advanced Information Systems unit has won a $16.2M contract by the U.S. Navy to produce, build, test and deliver Type-3 Advanced Mission Computers for the F/A-18 E/A-18G Super Hornet.
- The integrated information processing system is designed to operate in extreme environmental conditions, processing high-speed data rates from aircraft sensors.
Sep. 3, 2014, 2:56 AM
- The British government is signing a £3.5B ($5.8B) defense contract with General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) for 589 new armored vehicles, the army's largest order for such vehicles in over 30 years.
- The vehicle deliveries are planned to start in 2017 and will be the army's first fully digitalized armored vehicles.
GD vs. ETF Alternatives
General Dynamics Corp is an aerospace and defense company. It offers products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding; and communication and information technology systems and solutions.
Other News & PR