Thu, Jan. 22, 10:20 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.3%) CEO Nadia Short told Reuters in an interview this week that recent high-profile cyber attacks were boosting demand from government agencies for better protections against breaches by insiders.
- Insider attacks are often difficult to eliminate completely, said Short, but the company offers services that can detect unusual behaviors that almost always precede such incidents.
- Short also welcomed President Obama's push for cyber security legislation and greater sharing of information by industry and government about potential threats.
Wed, Jan. 21, 9:47 AM
Tue, Jan. 13, 11:17 AM| Comment!
Fri, Jan. 9, 8:38 AM
- A joint venture between Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) and General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), called Range Generation Next, has been awarded a 1.5B contract to operate launch ranges at Florida's Space Coast and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
- Potentially a multi-billion-dollar deal, the award includes nine one-year options.
Thu, Jan. 8, 2:15 PM
- The Pentagon will request ~$51B in war funding for the next fiscal year starting Oct. 1, 20% less than the $64B Congress approved this year and the lowest since the 2001 terrorist attacks, Bloomberg reports.
- The Overseas Contingency Operations funding will be sent to Congress in addition to basic defense spending of ~$534B when Pres. Obama offers his proposed FY 2016 federal budget on Feb. 2, according to unnamed government officials and congressional aides.
- Related stocks: BA, NOC, LLL, LMT, GD, RTN, FLIR, KTOS, COL.
Dec. 23, 2014, 3:52 PM
- General Dynamics (GD) Land Systems has been awarded a $99.7M follow-on contract for the procurement and production of M1A2 Abrams tanks for Saudi Arabia.
- This contract extends work started in 2008 to update M1A1 and M1A2 tanks to the M1A2S configuration, which increases the efficiency and capability of the tank.
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:40 AM
- General Dynamics' (GD +0.8%) Nassco subsidiary will design and construct a mobile landing platform afloat forward staging base for the U.S. Navy under a $498M contract.
- The base is a flexible platform and a key element in the Navy's large-scale airborne mine countermeasures mission.
- Source: Press Release (Dec. 22 2014)
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:39 AM| Comment!
Dec. 9, 2014, 10:19 AM
- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics (GD -1.2%) Electric Boat a $44.5M contract modification to provide a wide range of overhaul, repair and modernization services in support of nuclear submarines, floating dry-docks and other platforms at the Groton Naval Submarine Base.
- The contract was first awarded in December 2012 and has a potential value of $222.3M over five years.
Dec. 3, 2014, 2:05 PM
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +1%) are partnering to pursue the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun System solicitation to replace the M9 standard Army sidearm.
- The two intend to submit a Modular Handgun System based on the latter's M&P Polymer Pistol platform.
- The M&P pistol has been in production since 2005 and is used by the U.S. and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Nov. 19, 2014, 10:46 AM
- General Dynamics (GD -0.5%) has entered into an agreement with Advanced Material Engineering, a subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Kinetics (OTCPK:SGGKY), to manufacture 40mm Air Burst Ammunition for the U.S. military.
- Vastly different than conventional ammunition, the 40mm airburst uses time-based fuse technology to compute and program the detonation time and fire at an intended target.
- 40mm ammunition can be fired from existing U.S. Army grenade launchers such as the Mk19 and MK47.
Nov. 13, 2014, 10:40 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +1.3%) has been awarded a C$287M contract from the Government of Canada for an enhanced surveillance suite to go on Canadian LAV III Upgrade vehicles, known as LAV 6.0.
- The upgraded surveillance system will include a 10-meter retractable mast, an Operator Control Station and a surveillance suite inclusive of radar, thermal/day and image intensification sights, laser range finder and GPS mounted on a stabilized platform.
- Deliveries of LAV 6.0 vehicles equipped with the upgraded surveillance suite will commence in December 2016.
Nov. 7, 2014, 7:47 AM
- A Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) team including General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) has secured an initial deal consolidating oversight of rocket facilities at Cape Canaveral in Florida and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California in a contract expected to be worth as much as $2B over 10 years.
- The team will support the launch, testing and tracking of military and commercial rocket launches.
- RTN +0.6%; GD +0.2% premarket
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:41 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:09 AM
GD vs. ETF Alternatives
General Dynamics Corp is an aerospace and defense company. It offers products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding; and communication and information technology systems and solutions.
Other News & PR