Dec. 3, 2014, 2:05 PM
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +1%) are partnering to pursue the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun System solicitation to replace the M9 standard Army sidearm.
- The two intend to submit a Modular Handgun System based on the latter's M&P Polymer Pistol platform.
- The M&P pistol has been in production since 2005 and is used by the U.S. and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Nov. 19, 2014, 10:46 AM
- General Dynamics (GD -0.5%) has entered into an agreement with Advanced Material Engineering, a subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Kinetics (OTCPK:SGGKY), to manufacture 40mm Air Burst Ammunition for the U.S. military.
- Vastly different than conventional ammunition, the 40mm airburst uses time-based fuse technology to compute and program the detonation time and fire at an intended target.
- 40mm ammunition can be fired from existing U.S. Army grenade launchers such as the Mk19 and MK47.
Nov. 13, 2014, 10:40 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +1.3%) has been awarded a C$287M contract from the Government of Canada for an enhanced surveillance suite to go on Canadian LAV III Upgrade vehicles, known as LAV 6.0.
- The upgraded surveillance system will include a 10-meter retractable mast, an Operator Control Station and a surveillance suite inclusive of radar, thermal/day and image intensification sights, laser range finder and GPS mounted on a stabilized platform.
- Deliveries of LAV 6.0 vehicles equipped with the upgraded surveillance suite will commence in December 2016.
Nov. 7, 2014, 7:47 AM
- A Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) team including General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) has secured an initial deal consolidating oversight of rocket facilities at Cape Canaveral in Florida and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California in a contract expected to be worth as much as $2B over 10 years.
- The team will support the launch, testing and tracking of military and commercial rocket launches.
- RTN +0.6%; GD +0.2% premarket
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:41 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:09 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 8:22 AM
- LMI Aerospace (NASDAQ:LMIA) has secured contracts to supply both bonded fuselage panels and numerous detail parts for the recently announced business jets of General Dynamics' (NYSE:GD) subsidiary, Gulfstream Aerospace.
- The multi-year contracts are expected to yield significant revenue for the company.
- To accommodate the new work, LMI has added 60K sq.ft. to its Tulsa, Oklahoma, facility for processing, machining and assembly.
Sep. 18, 2014, 10:19 AM
- General Dynamics' (GD +0.6%) Advanced Information Systems unit has won a $16.2M contract by the U.S. Navy to produce, build, test and deliver Type-3 Advanced Mission Computers for the F/A-18 E/A-18G Super Hornet.
- The integrated information processing system is designed to operate in extreme environmental conditions, processing high-speed data rates from aircraft sensors.
Sep. 3, 2014, 2:56 AM
- The British government is signing a £3.5B ($5.8B) defense contract with General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) for 589 new armored vehicles, the army's largest order for such vehicles in over 30 years.
- The vehicle deliveries are planned to start in 2017 and will be the army's first fully digitalized armored vehicles.
Aug. 14, 2014, 10:45 AM
- Lockheed Martin (LMT +0.2%) has awarded General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) SATCOM Technologies with a contract to design and build the ground structures and integrate the mechanical systems for the U.S. Air Force's Space Fence program.
- The program entails an advanced ground-based radar system that detects and tracks more than 100K orbiting objects in space and increases the ability to prevent space-based collisions.
- Construction of the Space Fence ground system will begin in mid-2015 in the Marshall Islands.
- The U.S. Air Force contract value awarded to Lockheed Martin is greater than $910M.
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:16 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 10:51 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NOC -1.2%) has received contracts from the U.S. Navy, General Dynamics (GD -0.6%) Bath Iron Works and Huntington Ingalls (HII -0.7%) to provide integrated bridge, navigation and steering gear systems to modernize Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers.
- The U.S. Navy exercised options for the acquisition and testing of five integrated bridge and navigation systems valued at $11M.
- General Dynamics Bath Iron Works and Huntington Ingalls jointly exercised options for six steering gear systems valued at $30M.
Jul. 23, 2014, 7:02 AM| Comment!
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
GD vs. ETF Alternatives
General Dynamics Corp is an aerospace and defense company. It offers products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding; and communication and information technology systems and solutions.
Other News & PR