Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on GDFZY.
There are no News articles on GDFZY.
GDFZY vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Nov 148:12 AMGDF Suez acquires Vale's 20% stake in Brazil gas blocks
Thursday, Nov 148:12 AM| Comment!
- GDF Suez (GDFZY, GDSZF) agrees to acquire Vale’s (VALE) 20% stake in a pair of gas blocks in the Parnaiba basin in northeast Brazil, marking GDF's first entry into exploration and production activities in Brazil.
- Blocks 2 and 3 each cover slightly more than 3K sq. km; one exploration well in each of the two blocks is scheduled by March 2014.
Wednesday, Nov 610:44 AMVermilion Energy acquires natural gas assets in Germany|Wednesday, Nov 610:44 AM| Comment!
Friday, Oct 259:59 AMSempra, partners seek up to $5B in bank loans for LNG project
Friday, Oct 259:59 AM| 1 Comment
- Sempra Energy (SRE) and its partners are seeking as much as $5B in loans from commercial banks for their Cameron LNG project, Bloomberg reports.
- The planned $10B terminal in Louisiana is among four projects that have gained approval from the Department of Energy to export liquefied natural gas to countries with which the U.S. doesn’t have free-trade agreements.
- SRE holds 50.2% of the project while GDF Suez (GDFZY, GDSZF) and Mitsui (MITSY, MITSF) own 16.6% each and a venture between Mitsubishi and Nippon Yusen has 16.6%.
Tuesday, Oct 227:20 AMGDF Suez, Dart Energy to increase U.K. shale exploration
Tuesday, Oct 227:20 AM| Comment!
- France's GDF Suez (GDFZY, GDSZF) teams with Australia's Dart Energy (DEGEF) to develop 13 licenses for shale gas exploration in the U.K.'s Bowland Basin, an area which already has attracted investment from British Gas parent Centrica (CPYYF, CPYYY).
- GDF will acquire a 25% working interest in the blocks, with Dart retaining operatorship and a 75% stake.
- A three-year exploration and appraisal program is expected to include the drilling of up to four shale gas exploration wells in different areas of Bowland, plus 10 coalbed methane exploration wells.
- The deal provides a boost to Britain's bid to exploit shale gas deposits after the government unveiled incentives earlier this year to drive investment in the sector.
Tuesday, May 2812:16 PMGDF Suez (GDFZY.PK) has bought ~9% in the proposed Nabucco West gas pipeline project from Austrian oil and gas company OMV. Nabucco West is one of two remaining proposed pipelines in the running to bring Caspian Sea gas supplied by the Shah Deniz consortium to Europe. The French utility also will sell its 12% holding in the Medgaz Algeria-Europe deepwater gas pipeline. |Tuesday, May 2812:16 PM| Comment!
Thursday, May 166:10 PMSempra Energy (SRE) signs three 4M-ton/year, 20-year agreements with Japanese and French partners to support development, financing and construction of a liquefied natural gas export facility at the site of SRE's Cameron LNG receipt terminal in Louisiana. The plant will have an export capacity of 12M tons/year and is expected to cost up to $10B; construction will start next year. |Thursday, May 166:10 PM| Comment!
Friday, Mar 16:19 PM
Tuesday, Jan 154:43 PMRepsol (REPYY.PK) expects to sell liquefied natural gas assets for ~€2B ($2.7B) by early February, Bloomberg reports; the buyer is not known, but GDF Suez has said it was looking at Repsol’s LNG assets. Spain's largest energy company is trying to keep its investment-grade debt rating by selling €4.5B in assets by 2016 and paying down borrowings. |Tuesday, Jan 154:43 PM| Comment!
Friday, Jun 292012, 11:45 AMGerman utility E.ON AG (EONGY.PK 4%) and France's GDF Suez SA (GDFZY.PK 3.7%) both move higher today after Europe's second-highest court cut antitrust fines levied on both companies by more than 40%, citing an error in their calculation. In 2009, the European Commission had fined the two companies around $689M each for agreeing not to compete on each other's national gas markets. |Friday, Jun 292012, 11:45 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Apr 42012, 6:34 AM
Thursday, Mar 292012, 9:32 AMFrench utility GDF Suez (GDFZY.PK) is prepared to pay £6B ($9.5B) for the 30% of U.K. electricity company International Power (IPWG.PK) it doesn't already own. GDF bought a 70% stake in the British company in February last year and has to wait till August before it can buy the rest of the shares. |Thursday, Mar 292012, 9:32 AM| Comment!
Saturday, Oct 92010, 2:55 PM
Tuesday, Aug 102010, 7:15 AMAs expected, GDF Suez (GDFZY.PK) and International Power (IPRPY.PK) agree to a tie-up that will see GDF take control of 70% of the combined company and pay shareholders a special dividend of 92 pence ($1.45) per share. Both firms also released H1 earnings: GDF, IP. |Tuesday, Aug 102010, 7:15 AM| Comment!
Sunday, Aug 82010, 2:37 PMGDF Suez (GDFZY.PK) and International Power (IPRPY.PK) are reportedly close to a deal that would see France's No. 2 utility take control of the British company. GDF Suez would pay IP shareholders a special £1.3B ($2.1B) dividend and take control of two-thirds of the enlarged company. The firms are pushing to reach a deal before they report earnings on Aug. 10. |Sunday, Aug 82010, 2:37 PM| Comment!