- Geron's imetelstat has tremendous potential; however, the company suffered a setback earlier this year after clinical trials for ET and MM were placed on clinical hold.
- The investigator-sponsored trial of imetelstat in MF was also placed on partial clinical hold.
- The partial clinical hold was lifted in June, and last month, the company assumed sponsorship of the trial from Mayo Clinic.
- Based on these two developments, the company could initiate a clinical trial for imetelstat in myelofibrosis as early as next year.
- Given that Geron shares are now trading below $2, the risk/reward profile is very favorable.