Thu, Apr. 30, 12:42 PM
- Goldcorp (GG -6.8%) sinks to lows of the day after Q1 earnings fell far short of analyst expectations, as lower gold prices and higher cash costs outweighed increased gold production.
- GG says its Q1 average realized gold price fell to $1,217/oz. from $1,297 a year earlier; cash costs also were higher, with all-in sustaining costs rising 5% to $885/oz.
- Q1 gold production rose to 724.8K oz. from 679.9K oz. in the year-ago quarter, while silver production fell to 8.5M oz. from 9.6M.
- For the full year, GG reaffirms its guidance for production of 3.3M-3.6M oz., driven primarily by new contributions from Cerro Negro and Éléonore, at costs of $875-$950/oz.; the miner also backed guidance for capital spending of $1.2B-$1.4B for the year.
- However, the company raises its tax guidance, now expecting an annual effective tax rate of 45% in 2015 on adjusted net earnings, with a 39% effective tax rate for each of the year's final three quarters.
Thu, Apr. 30, 8:07 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ABC, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, AMT, ANR, APD, ARG, ARW, AVP, AWI, BCE, BDC, BG, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CCE, CDK, CELG, CI, CL, CME, COMM, COP, CRR, CRS, CSH, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, CWEI, CY, DBD, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, ERJ, EXLS, FCN, FIS, FMS, FSS, GEO, GG, GLOP, GNC, GNRC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HST, HUN, I, IDA, IMAX, INCY, INGR, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVZ, LBY, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MD, MGLN, MINI, MLM, MMC, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MVIS, NBIX, NI, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OMG, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, POT, PSX, PSXP, PWE, PWR, RDS.A, RDWR, RGLD, RGS, ROK, RYL, SCG, SEE, SHPG, SMP, SNAK, SNE, SNMX, STM, STRZA, TASR, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TKR, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VAC, VGR, VIAB, VLY, VNTV, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XOM, XYL, ZMH
Thu, Feb. 19, 10:26 AM
- Goldcorp (GG -3.2%) missed Q4 earnings and revenue expectations, as lower prices and higher costs offset a big jump in production.
- GG's unadjusted $2.4B loss in Q4 was mostly attributable to a $2.3B writedown on its Cerro Negro gold mine in Argentina, which achieved commercial production just after the end of Q4; GG previously had warned it could take a charge of up to $2.7B on the project.
- Q4 gold production totaled a record 890.9K oz., up from 768.9K oz. in the year-ago period, but all-in sustaining costs were much higher at $1,035/oz. from $810/oz. a year earlier.
- GG forecasts 2015 production to rise ~20% Y/Y to 3.3M-3.6M oz. and all-in sustaining costs of $875-$950/oz.; plans capital spending for the year at $1.2B-$1.4B.
- GG expects major contributions from its new operations at Cerro Negro, Eleonore and Cochenour (still in development); Eleonore reached production in October but produced only 18.3K oz. due to issues with a tailings filter press system that the company says have been resolved.
- Also announced proven and probable mineral reserves of 49.6M oz. of gold and 789M oz. of silver.
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:03 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| 7 Comments
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:17 AM
- Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) -1.7% premarket after reporting Q3 earnings and revenues that fell well short of analyst estimates as costs rose.
- Q3 gold production rose 2% Y/Y to 651.7K oz., but average all-in sustaining cost was $1,066/oz., compared with $995/oz. a year ago and much higher than analysts expected.
- GG says it reduced the carrying value of a low-grade ore stockpile at its Penasquito mine in Mexico, which raised average costs by $64/oz. and negatively affected adjusted earnings by $0.04/share.
- Expects FY 2014 gold output will be at the low end of its forecast range of 2.95M-3.1M oz., citing pit wall instability at El Sauzal and the suspension of activities at Los Filos in Q2; expects all-in sustaining costs at the low end of its guidance range of $950-$1,000/oz.
- Full-year capital spending guidance remains unchanged at $2.3B-$2.4B.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:03 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Jul. 31, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Goldcorp (GG +0.4%) eases higher after beating Q2 earnings and revenue estimates, as it continues to make progress in cutting costs.
- GG says all-in sustaining costs were just $852/oz., the lowest among the senior gold miners in the quarter, from $1,227/oz. in the year-ago period; the giant Penasquito mine in Mexico performed especially well, with all-in sustaining costs of $362/oz. vs. $1,484 a year earlier.
- Q2 gold production rose to 648.7K oz. from 646K a year earlier, even though the company sold its Marigold mine, and a dispute with local landowners halted production at the Los Filos mine in Mexico for 43 days in the quarter.
- Due to the better than expected cost performance in H1, GG now expects to come in at the low end of its 2014 all-in sustaining cost guidance of $950-$1,000/oz.
- Maintains full-year production guidance of 2.95M-3.1M oz.
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:34 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
May 1, 2014, 8:59 AM
- Goldcorp (GG) flat premarket after reporting Q1 earnings that beat analyst estimates as costs declined more than forecast.
- Q1 gold sales totaled 684K oz. on production of 679.9K oz., vs. sales of 595.1K oz. on production of 614.6K oz. in the prior-year quarter.
- All-in sustaining costs were $840/oz., compared with $1,134 a year earlier and earlier expectations of ~$875.
- Gold averaged $1,292/oz. in Q1, down 21% Y/Y.
- Reaffirms 2014 guidance of 2.95M-3.1M oz. (following the divestiture of Marigold) at all-in sustaining costs of $950-$1,000 per gold oz.; reaffirms 2014 capital spending guidance of $2.3B-$2.5B.
May 1, 2014, 8:05 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 13, 2014, 10:59 AM
- Goldcorp (GG +2.1%) posted a $1.1B unadjusted Q4 loss due to a $763M tax charge tied to Mexican tax reforms and $443M in impairment charges including $276M at the Alumbrera mine, but it boosted production and lowered costs compared with the same period a year ago.
- Despite the headline loss, Q4 gold production jumped 10% Y/Y to a record 768.9K oz., and all-in sustaining costs tumbled to $810/oz. from $915/oz. in the year-ago quarter.
- Like other major gold producers, GG reported a steep drop in reserves - 15% lower to 54.4M oz. - due to lower gold price assumptions and a focus on mining high-margin ounces.
GG vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR