Today, 5:23 AM
- Making a big ruckus in this morning's news is the European Court of Justice's ruling that deemed a 15-year-old data-sharing pact between the EU and U.S. invalid. The decision cannot be appealed.
- "Legislation permitting...access on a generalized basis to the content of electronic communications must be regarded as compromising the essence of the fundamental right to respect for private life," Europe's highest court said in a statement.
- The ruling has significant implications on how internet groups can operate in the 28-member bloc, and will likely force thousands of companies to overhaul their businesses to avoid breaking the law.
- ETFs: XLK, VGT, SOXL, SOCL, FDN, GGT, TECL, USD, SMH, SKYY, IYW, IYZ, PNQI, IPK, SOXX, ROM, XSD, VOX, IXP, SOXS, FTEC, TECS, RYT, PBS, IST, IXN, PSI, IGV, QTEC, IGM, FXL, SSG, IGN, PSCT, MTK, REW, XTL, PXQ, EMQQ, FCOM, XSW, PSJ, XT, LTL, ARKW, ARKQ, BST
Mon, Aug. 24, 8:03 AM
- Tech stocks in the U.S. are sharply lower in early action after the sector fell just as hard as broad market averages in China and Japan. Tech heavyweights aren't getting spared amid the carnage.
- Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) -4.1% premarket to $587.31.
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) -5.1% to $100.38.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) -3.9% to $41.41.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) -3.4% to $83.05.
- Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO) -6.6% to $30.75 and Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) is down 8.7% to $62.26 as concerns over growth in China mount.
- The Nasdaq 100 futures contract is off 4.8%.
- Related ETFs: XLK, VGT, HACK, SOXL, FDN, GGT, TECL, USD, SMH, IYW, TDIV, IYZ, SOXX, ROM, XSD, VOX, SOXS, FTEC, TECS, RYT, PBS, PSI, IGV, QTEC, IGM, FXL, SSG, PSCT, IGN, MTK, REW, XTL, PXQ, FCOM, XSW, PSJ, PTF, LTL, TLL
GGT vs. ETF Alternatives
The primary objective is to achieve long-term capital growth through investment in global multimedia stocks, with income growth as a secondary objective. The Fund seeks opportunities for long-term growth by investing in the global telecommunications, media
Other News & PR