Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on GHSE.
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on GHSE.
PR Newswire (Sep 27, 2013)
PR Newswire (Aug 1, 2013)
PR Newswire (May 2, 2013)
PR Newswire (Apr 11, 2013)
PR Newswire (Mar 7, 2013)
PR Newswire (Dec 19, 2012)
PR Newswire (May 3, 2012)
GHSE vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Sep 272:52 PMNewcastle moves forward with spinoff as GateHouse files Chpt. 11
Friday, Sep 272:52 PM| Comment!
- GateHouse Media (GHSE.PK +33.3%) files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; part of a plan in which its lenders - led by Fortress (FIG +0.1%) affiliate Newcastle Investment (NCT +1.2%) - will exchange their claims for new common stock (Newcastle owns 52% of the debt and will get 52% of the new shares).
- As part of the plan, Newcastle will turn over to GateHouse recently-acquired Dow Jones Local Media Group, and plans to spin off the unit into a new public company called New Media Investment Group.
- Existing GateHouse owners would see their stakes wiped out, but will receive warrants to buy 5% of New Media's stock.
- SEC Form 10.
Wednesday, Sep 410:35 AMNewcastle acquires Local Media Group; restructures GateHouse debt
Wednesday, Sep 410:35 AM| Comment!
- Newcastle Investment (NCT -2.2%) acquires Dow Jones Local Media Group from News Corp. (NWS, NWSA) for $87M.
- Local Media operates 33 local publications in 7 states. The business will now be managed by GateHouse Media (GHSE.PK), an affiliate of Fortress Investment (FIG), which is Newcastle's manager.
- Newcastle owns about 52% of GateHouse's $1.2B in debt and it and other creditors have agreed on a prepackaged Chapter 11 filing in which Newcastle expects to convert its debt holdings into equity of GateHouse.
- Presentation and conference call at 2:30 ET.
- Press release.