Mon, Apr. 13, 5:39 PM
Thu, Apr. 2, 2:34 PM
- Ahead of the 2015 season's opening day (set for Sunday), Glu Mobile (GLUU +0.5%) has launched Tap Sports Baseball 2015, an iOS/Android game that (thanks to a deal with the MLBPA) contains players from all 30 MLB teams. A deal with the MLB (needed to use official team names/logos) wasn't reached.
- David Ortiz has been hired to sponsor the game, which includes multi-player, draft, and tournament support. 67 Google Play reviewers have thus far given a rating of 4.4/5 stars. 39 App Store reviewers give it 4.5/5 stars.
- Previously: Glu turns to sweepstakes to boost Kardashian game's usage
Sun, Mar. 22, 2:22 PM
- Nine months after its launch, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood has been downloaded over 28M times and fueled Glu Mobile's (NASDAQ:GLUU) 113% 2014 revenue growth. However, the game is now respectively down to #25 and #37 on App Annie's U.S. iPhone and Google Play top-grossing app charts.
- To boost usage, Glu has launched the Meet Kim Sweepstakes, which gives game users a chance to win a free trip to California (and, of course, a chance to meet Kardashian). The catch: To enter the sweepstakes, users have to earn "K-Tickets" by completing "5-star projects" such as photo and film/TV shoots. The more projects they complete, the higher their chances of winning.
- This year has already seen Glu try to follow up on Kim Kardashian: Hollywood's runaway success by announcing plans for a Katy Perry game, as well as for a game involving Kardashian half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- In the meantime, Racing Rivals and Deer Hunter 2014 are helping pay the bills: They're respectively at #22 and #83 on App Annie's U.S. Google Play top-grossing chart. Recently-launched Blood & Glory: Immortals is at #12 on the U.S. New Free Google Play chart.
Thu, Feb. 5, 12:45 PM
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:12 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:41 PM
- In addition to soundly beating Q4 estimates, Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) has announced it's partnering with Katy Perry for a free-to-play mobile game expected to launch in late 2015 on iOS and Android.
- Glu, looking to replicate the runaway 2014 success of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, says it has struck a 5-year "exclusive mobile gaming partnership" with the pop singer. Kardashian is signed through 2019.
- The Q4 beat is attributed to "the ongoing traction of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Racing Rivals and Deer Hunter 2014, as well as the solid performance of recently released Contract Killer: Sniper.” Cost controls also helped: While revenue rose 77% Y/Y, operating expenses rose 28% to $33.1M.
- Gross margin fell to 61.1% from 73.1%. A ~60% GM is expected in Q1, and a ~61% GM for the whole of 2015.
- Glu is up to $4.40 AH. It looks like someone knew about the good news in advance: Shares rose 6.4% in regular trading after jumping during the final hour on strong volume.
- Q4 results/guidance, PR
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:10 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU): Q4 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $76.2M (+77.8% Y/Y) beats by $12.42M.
- Expects Q1 revenue of $50M-$52M and EPS of -$0.01 to -$0.03, below a consensus of $58.2M and $0.03.
- Expects 2015 revenue of $245M-$275M and EPS of $0.23-$0.28, mostly above a consensus of $245.7M and $0.22.
- Shares +8.3% AH.
- Press Release
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, ADEP, AFFX, AFOP, ALL, APU, ATML, AWH, BDN, BGC, BKD, BMR, CATM, CBG, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CLW, CMRE, CNW, DATA, ENS, EPM, ESS, EXAR, FBHS, FEIC, FMC, FORM, FOXA, G, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, HI, HUBG, ININ, IRBT, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, NE, NXPI, ORLY, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PMT, PNNT, PRE, PRU, PSEC, QUIK, RE, RRTS, RXN, SPB, SU, SYA, THG, TTMI, TWO, TYL, UA, UGI, UHAL, WFT, WGL, WSTL, YUM
Fri, Jan. 9, 2:20 PM
- Glu's (GLUU -1%) Q4 report arrives after the close on Wednesday, Feb. 4. CC at 4:30PM ET.
- Consensus is for revenue of $63.8M (+49% Y/Y, boosted by the Cie Games deal) and EPS of $0.02. Shares crashed in October due to the soft Q4 guidance provided with mixed Q3 results, but have largely traded sideways since.
Dec. 8, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) director Lorne Abony discloses he bought 50K shares on Thursday at $3.52, and 224K shares on Friday at $3.70.
- Abony's purchases follow a roller-coaster ride for Glu in 2014: Shares are nearly flat YTD, but down 49% from a July high of $7.60, hit after Kim Kardashian: Hollywood soared to the top of app store download charts.
Oct. 30, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:18 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:44 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:12 PM
Oct. 8, 2014, 9:21 AM
- Benchmark's Mike Hickey: "We have raised our rating on the Company’s shares from Hold to Buy given the recent valuation compression over rationalized performance expectations." His target is at $5.90.
- Hickey isn't considered about the decline in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood's download rankings (highlighted yesterday by TheStreetSweeper), and cares more about the high position it maintains on top-grossing app charts. "The game’s player base has been effectively installed, while strong player engagement has maintained monetization strength."
- He adds Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) could leverage the game's engine for new Asian titles, that the company's pipeline includes several major releases (inc. new Diner Dash and Deer Hunter games, and a James Bond title), and that Racing Rivals could still produce $10M/quarter in revenue.
- Hickey downgraded Glu to Hold on July 31, after the company released a Q2 report that sparked a huge selloff.
- Update (1:58PM): Glu has given back its early gains, and then some. Shares are now down 7.4%.
GLUU vs. ETF Alternatives
Glu Mobile Inc develops, publishes & markets games designed to appeal to users of smartphones & tablet devices. Its gaming brands include Blood & Glory, Contract Killer, Deer Hunter, Eternity Warriors, Frontline Commando, Gun Bros, & Heroes of Destiny.
Other News & PR